So I went to a trail centre...

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Fingers crossed the current (tar all eBikes with the same brush) banning of eBikes in / on US trail centres doesn't lead to something similar happening here.
http://reviews.mtbr.com/moab-blm-bans-electric-bikes-on-non-motorized-trails

Another good reason not allow dongles and s-pedelecs to use any off road public right of way. Also another reason to keep the climbing speed down on a regular e-mtb when passing other riders and walkers etc.
I've been following this topic for a while now, and regular US pedal mtb riders are certainly far more hostile towards e-mtb's than we are over here. I also don't think that throttles and Stealth Bombers/Fighters have done the US cause any favours either.
People whinge and moan about being policed in respect of e-bikes, but without some form of policing, the whole off road scene over here is just going be screwed big time. Sadly at least two UK dealers seem either oblivious to this fact, or simply don't care. I believe that it's the latter.

Last edited:

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Another good reason not allow dongles and s-pedelecs to use any off road public right of way. Also another reason to keep the climbing speed down on a regular e-mtb when passing other riders and walkers etc.
I've been following this topic for a while now, and regular US pedal mtb riders are certainly far more hostile towards e-mtb's than we are over here. I also don't think that throttles and Stealth Bombers/Fighters have done the US cause any favours either.
People whinge and moan about being policed in respect of e-bikes, but without some form of policing, the whole off road scene over here is just going be screwed big time. Sadly at least two dealers over here seem either oblivious to this fact, or simply don't care. I believe that it's the latter.
Eddie

I think you proved the point on the Purbeck ride.

I was amazed at the lack of negative or abusive comments towards you and your KTM. Infact I only saw people looking and speakinng with interest.

Rub it in the face of non electric riders and there will be trouble. Your sensible approach seems to smooth things nicely.

Ferdinand

Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2015
NG17
I've now decided to look upon the scratches as badges of proof of proper use.
"Patina"

Great write-ups.

The mini pump sounds painful with a big MTB balloon tyre.

Have you had to use it yet? How was it.

I'm saving up for one of those things that turns into a minu track pump.

F

Reactions: TinKitten

TinKitten

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2014
Abergavenny
www.pottylou.co.uk
"Patina"

Great write-ups.

The mini pump sounds painful with a big MTB balloon tyre.

Have you had to use it yet? How was it.

I'm saving up for one of those things that turns into a minu track pump.

F
I use a foot pump at home and haven't yet had a puncture with the need to use my Lezyne Micro Floor Drive pump out in the field. When I used it to top up my tyres at home it worked fine, but I've not had to completely fill a tyre with it yet. I like the way it has the built in gauge as I wouldn't have a clue how much air I was putting in otherwise as with some other mini pumps.

I've not been cycling much recently due to a variety of reasons so none of my kit is getting much use at the moment! Hopefully the rest of the summer will provide more opportunity.

Advertisers