Source of cheap waterproof connectors

Pedunculate

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2011
I was looking at adding some wiring to one of my bikes, which is a commercial e-bike that uses 'Julet' waterproof connectors. It seems these aren't easily available, but there are 'Higo' connectors - but they're rather expensive. Other waterproof connectors from the likes of Farnell aren't cheap either.

I did some digging around ebay, and I came up with an interesting alternative: LED strip connectors. If you search ebay for 'IP65 LED connector' it brings up a number of listings. The only downside is they come moulded on to a 20cm pigtail, so you need to make an additional join to your wires on from there (heatshrink?).

I bought some of these (15mm, 5 way, 0.3mm version) which took about a week to arrive (in the UK).
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-3-4-5Pin-Waterproof-IP67-IP68-LED-Strips-Connectors-Cable-for-3528-5050-5630-U/232894388715
At 8 pieces (4 male/4 female) for £9.59 that wouldn't get you one pair of Higo, and these look pretty nice, with no crimping or vibration-sensitive solder terminations. There's a metal locking ring - I wouldn't say for definite it's rust proof, but it might be anodised aluminium.

They're labelled 'yczx' which it turns out means Shenzhen Yongchangzhixing Electronics Co., Ltd, and they can also be found on Aliexpress.

• Informative
Reactions: anotherkiwi

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I keep Julet waterproof cables in stock in case anyone needs them.

- JY1T4 main trunk cable
- motor extension
- LCD extension

• Informative
Reactions: JPGiant

Advertisers