Specialized turbo X modding???

Rey’s Speeder

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 27, 2016
Belfast
Ok reference de-restrict My 2015 Turbo X

this was the reply i got, i'm puzzled about Licence what it means
I have a Full motorbike Licence, Car and HGV and don't know which they want me to Change ?
It could also be my marriage Licence because once its done I will be free and escape :)

email via the following

Kaptein tweewielers Amsterdam
http://www.kapteintweewielers.nl/
info@kapteintweewielers.nl

========================

We can do it but then you need to change your licence. There are some new rules in holland.

Met vriendelijke groet/ Kind Regards,

Jeffrey

Kaptein Tweewielers

Overtoom 488-49

========================

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a Full motorbike Licence should be enough? or they mean needs no plate and mirror for sclass bike.

Rey’s Speeder

May 27, 2016
Belfast
Also have to add that for the people who talk about Eproms inside the Hub,
i'm listening to you but had a conversation with Specialized UK main Tech department in UK who told me the following

"The software used to alter the controller is built into the main removable battery "
So does the hub still have a restriction ? they said not
Also Bear in mind the Turbo S has a higher power motor

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
think its 750w max power and then will be limited via the controller and software.

i also doubt a eprom is in the hub thats just a stupid idea lol as like a pc mobo the eprom needs a batt or it will be reset if it loses power.

so if you can remove the controller from the batt and get 1 you can programme with a screen then can by pass the 1 on it.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there is no way a dealer will let you walk off with that even if you paid for it as will void there contract with specialized.

if it also works as a dongle to log in to a web site portal to use the software then even if you had it would be useless as you would need the dealers email and pass word to log in to it and as above. void there contract.

its the same with the bosch 1 you cant just buy it and use it you have to be a reg bosch dealer to use it with permission or you will not be able to log in to the software portal.

so unless you can get a reg dealer to do it with theirs its not going to happen.

Rey’s Speeder

May 27, 2016
Belfast
Aye your maybe right, I think I'll just buy a Stromer ST2 or Stealth Bomber and sell the wheel clamped paper weight haha

I do know talking about this will have a smart person work it out and no such thing as cant
We would still be on Horses if thats the case !
Oh wait dont they run at 45mph and no number plate ? idea and dont need charger either only a shovel :)

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
i also doubt a eprom is in the hub thats just a stupid idea lol as like a pc mobo the eprom needs a batt or it will be reset if it loses power.
That would be RAM sw, an EPROM is flashed i.e. the information you put in it stays there even with the power off and no battery. Which also means you can only flash it so many times before there is no more space to write anything to...

If you have any questions about how a computer works don't hesitate to ask :D

Some hub motors have the controller in them. I just found out that some things are actually saved in the LCD but I bet there is a battery to save that, in fact the kingmeter has a battery access cover. ANother way for rain to get inside...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
last bios i removed the batt from it reset the settings back to default, flashed a few and bricked them and a few hdd lol.

and in the bin they went:rolleyes:

Sean_15.5MPH

Just Joined
Jun 14, 2016
Cambridge
hi I have a 2015 specialized turbo x 2015... And I cannot stand the feeling of when the motor cuts off at 15.5mph and it just holds you back its like riding with the brakes on till you freewheel very hard to ride past into the 20mph zone... Does anyone know how to flash the limiter or have the kit to do the modification it's driving me crazy... Not interested in anyone's legals opinions as the Thread just gets lost in the arguments.... I am more the willing to PAY CASH to get this mod done..
Thanks lads
I have also just bought the same bike & experiencing the same issue. Did you manage to find someone who could increase the speed & what part of the bike i.e battery pack or hub motor / controller would require the update. Thanks in advance. Sean

People

Just Joined
Jun 23, 2016
London
I can get a Specialized Turbo Diagnostic Tool. I am however unsure if I'll be able to gain access to the required software. Can someone secure a copy of the current version?

Sean_15.5MPH

Just Joined
Jun 14, 2016
Cambridge
I can get a Specialized Turbo Diagnostic Tool. I am however unsure if I'll be able to gain access to the required software. Can someone secure a copy of the current version?
If you are able to acquire both the diagnostic tool + software I'd be happy to pay you for releasing a little more speed from my bike :)

People

Just Joined
Jun 23, 2016
London
Found a Specialized employee with the diagnostic tool who is willing to carry out the process for £200. He can remove the restriction, update the firmware and reset the odometer.

TurboTime

Just Joined
Sep 12, 2016
Wigan
Hi Hunter, any chance of letting me have the details of the guy that unlocked your Turbo? Being limited is driving me nuts ! Could be such a good bike if only it was allowed to do what it was built for....Happy to travel and happy to pay..

Hunter75

Feb 1, 2016
Hi Hunter, any chance of letting me have the details of the guy that unlocked your Turbo? Being limited is driving me nuts ! Could be such a good bike if only it was allowed to do what it was built for....Happy to travel and happy to pay..
I need your email Address To pass on to him and he will contact you.. It's such a nice bike to ride now 15mph was just to slow just cruising is about 18mph now and 20mph is just dream and no problem hitting 27mph now it's out of its Cage its one of the best bikes I've ownd you can PM so your Address is not public

MidgetMaster

Just Joined
Feb 1, 2018
hi I have a 2015 specialized turbo x 2015... And I cannot stand the feeling of when the motor cuts off at 15.5mph and it just holds you back its like riding with the brakes on till you freewheel very hard to ride past into the 20mph zone... Does anyone know how to flash the limiter or have the kit to do the modification it's driving me crazy... Not interested in anyone's legals opinions as the Thread just gets lost in the arguments.... I am more the willing to PAY CASH to get this mod done..
Thanks lads
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Specialized-Turbo-Diagnostic-Tool/253392060712

Advertisers