Speed box 2 how to

Bigkevp

Pedelecer
May 30, 2016
west sussex
Hello I own a haibike 2016 model,performance cx. I've purchased a speed box 2 just out of curiosity and I guess to try a get a bit more assistance on some trails but I can't get the blasted thing to work! If I hold the walk button I get 3.5mph display on the screen but all that does is fix the display into showing double the speed when actually travelling at half? Has anyone had a simular experience?

Andrew RR

Just Joined
Jun 3, 2016
North Yorkshire
Hello I own a haibike 2016 model,performance cx. I've purchased a speed box 2 just out of curiosity and I guess to try a get a bit more assistance on some trails but I can't get the blasted thing to work! If I hold the walk button I get 3.5mph display on the screen but all that does is fix the display into showing double the speed when actually travelling at half? Has anyone had a simular experience?
Hi, I have bought the same one but haven't even got as far as fitting it as I have no room! Where about's did you fit the box?
Regards
Andrew

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it goes inside the motor case and plugs in to the motor.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Bigkevp

Pedelecer
May 30, 2016
west sussex
Hi, I have bought the same one but haven't even got as far as fitting it as I have no room! Where about's did you fit the box?
Regards
Andrew
Depends on what model bike you have, on mine I dropped down the guard, removed by 2 screws and pivots down, stuck it with double sided pad to the frame and refitted!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well if it dont fit then id send it back and get the bad ass one that fits over the wheel sensor at the back.

or you could try to drop the motor and see if there is any space above it to fit.

Bigkevp

Pedelecer
May 30, 2016
west sussex
Yeah got it done,weird tho as for 3 days of constantly taking it apart and plugging it in again then suddenly it came to life! It's broke down on me twice so far think it may have had a bad connection as I unplugged it and plugged it back in again and wirked. .... so anyway best mod I've done by far and can still get 60/70miles in eco. It's made me very lazy tho and having a average speed of about 25mph in suicide is brilliant.

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if its not fast enough just change the front sprocket to a bigger one ;)

i got 2 on mine and 18t 33mph :)

• Informative

Bigkevp

Pedelecer
May 30, 2016
west sussex
Happy days! Remember the speed box only doubles the top end, my chain is slipping in the top 3 gears now I'm hoping it's the chain knackered as I can't see any wear on the casette and I sure hope it's not the motor as I've done over 1000 miles in 2 months!

• :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id change the chain asap as over that many miles it will be finished buy now and stretched thus why its slipping as its loose.

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
get a kmc chain if you can :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will be better than the one you had with it you can get ti chains but about 130 quid.

but then it will rip the cassette to bits even faster.

• Informative

Bigkevp

Pedelecer
May 30, 2016
west sussex
Thanks Mr soundwave, what are my options for a cheaper chain just for now until I change casette and chain for the second time also is there any specific tool I need to change the chain?

Advertisers