speedo Questions on a kt lcd3 and a bafang 250 mid drive.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
this may be of interest for someone who has similar issues, so today i at last received the correct screen for my 250w 700c rear wheel, its a kt lcd3 screen. so i put it on span the bike wheel and thought emmm i dont think its doing 43mph lol. anyway did some googling and found out that it may be setting p02 speed sensor thingy. the wheel had been sent with a none lcd screen, so i suspected it may have not been set. so i had a look and it had settings from 0-6. tried a few and figured that if i changed it from 0 to one the wheel span and 22mph. which seems about right.

so getting to the bafang 250w mid drive. i had my first ride out today. now it already had one of those computer speedos fitted. i noticed when the fitted one was saying 10mph the bafang was say just over 8. are bafangs accurate or does it depend on where you place the speedo magnet on the wheel.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
i also thought i could be the magnet possession as it must count each time the wheel goes round so depending where its at i could effect.

D

Deleted member 4366

i also thought i could be the magnet possession as it must count each time the wheel goes round so depending where its at i could effect.
You're going to kick yourself. It's one pulse per rotation wherever you put it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
P1 has an affect on the true speed reading, with the Q128c I am within a couple tenth's mph matched to my Garmin's.
P2 is generally set to 1 as mentioned for geared hubs.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
well, i have messaged the company in question to ask seeing as ive had to change p2, will be p1 be set right as they need to tell me what it should be. do want to name the company but last time it took days for them to reply. ive had a few 250w wheels and they all tend to spin at about 22mph so i don't think its far off.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Advertisers