Stargate Universe fans, Heads up

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
New season starts tomorrow 5th October 9 pm SKY 1.

Time to catch up with Destiny on it's headlong charge across the Universe, if it drops out of FTL long enough that is. ;)

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Not a big fan of this one but I did set the series record last week on the off chance series 2 might improve.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I've been relatively impressed by it so far, but I'm a sucker for space opera. :)
I see Caprica's hit the skids (again).

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Yes, either it's improving or I'm getting desperate. Probably both. I really couldn't get into Caprica though.

About time we had some really decent new Sci Fi on the telly.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
The last two episodes were really disappointing. Tuesday 2nd, messing about with the 'stones' for most of the hour, what was that all about?.

Tuesday 9th, Destiny senses Colonel Young is feeling a bit down, so promptly drops out of FTL and refuses to come out to play until he cheers up!, pathetic.

There seems to be an awful lot 'padding out' in this series.

Last edited:

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I wish I hadn't watched all of BSG in one fell swoop at the beginning of the year - now, if there was something as good as that out there I didn't know about, I'd be made up.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I thought BSG was a mix of good and bad episodes too. it varied from brilliant to downright depressing. Stargate Universe is strange amalgam of BSG and Stargate and lacks the wit of the original Stargate. I don't much care for any of the characters, either, which is never a good thing. The ships not bad but if I don't get a hint of where it's going soon I'll be back to the discovery channels.

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
There's no Sam Carter type eye candy for the gents to ogle :(, no O'Neill/Mitchell/Sheppard/Mckay comedy going on :(, it's all a bit dark and depressing, but some of the characters are getting more interesting. I liked it when Col Young headbutted Dr Rush. The 2nd series is better than the first.....and there's nothing similar on, so I'll stick with it. BSG? When I googled it the first hit came up as British Society of Gastroenterology, but I bet your talking of Battlestar Galactica. I never really watched that. I tried when it was first on, but it had that shakey camera style all the time which makes me a bit dizzy. I think NYPD blue were to blame for creating that 'style' of filming?

Last edited:

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Apologies for the acronym - I was being lazy. Yes I agree the series has picked up and strangely enough we did get a hint of where Discovery is heading not long after my last post. Could it be the inside of the Large Hadron Collider? - heh heh. I'll be watching the rest of the series - if it can keep the current interest going.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Sad to say chaps, but it's been cancelled by Syfy. The idiots!
I hate it when they do that.:(

It's not like they're likely to make a blockbuster film to wrap it all up like they did with Firefly.

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
I had a deal with the Missus. She'd make the effort to get in to 'Universe' if I gave NCIS a go. Now I'm a big Gibbs/DiNozzo/McGee/Ziva fan and they give Universe the chop! :eek:

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Damn and blast it! Just when it was picking up again, they pull the plug.
Stargate Universe Cancelled - Slashdot

Ah well, there's still some great Space Opera I haven't seen (going by the rave reviews); so I'll be looking at some Firefly and Farscape this coming few weeks.

As for Caprica, well that's another three episodes to see in the next couple of days and then it's gone for good.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Can't beat a good book for some really great space opera. :)

Still considering giving Babylon 5 a try. It does seem popular.

Just couldn't get into Caprica.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
2nd half of season two

The second half of season two starts Monday April 11th, 8pm on Sky1 HD

In December of 2010, it was decided season three would not be produced. In January 2011 however, 'Universe' producer Joseph Mallozzi has suggested season three may yet be filmed, fingers crossed!!.

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
I think I just watched the last episode.

Advertisers