stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I will write a review as soon as I get out on it and do a few tests

Reactions: cwah

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
Where did you purchase it from and what was the price also how long is the warranty because i have read they can be temperamental.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
I have been thinking about one for a while but with the asking price of around £9000 i dont think so.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I bought it from Evo bikes In London and its black with red color coded wheels handlebars and rear suspension I paid £10,500k
Money is not a worry I had 200k spare and the main thing is the weather and getting out in the sun shine so saddle time is maxed out

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Should have saved some money. This is much cheaper, faster, it can be used legally and has better range.

The zombie video is hillarious. The fact that it's meant to be serious just adds to the hilarity.
Are you sure it's cheaper?

You need to buy at least a 125cc to compete, you need insurance, mot, pay congestion charge, pay for parking space (very expensive on london)...

and also pay for higher maintenance cost (garage charge at least £40/h), insurance is higher, and petrol cost.

I say you need at least £1K-1.5K running cost plus initial cost where you need to get all the equipment, purchased the 125cc and test.

So more expensive initially but in few years time there wouldn't be so much difference!

Ps: 200K spare? Why don't you do a donation :)

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

You need to buy at least a 125cc to compete, you need insurance, mot, pay congestion charge, pay for parking space (very expensive on london)...
Where the Stealthbomber could be used there wouldn't be congestion or parking charges for a 125cc. No MOT for the first three years either, and MOTs on motorbikes are under £30.

And the running costs of a 125cc are peanuts compared with replacement battery prices.

Get caught using an unregistered Stealthbomber on the road and the court will make it seem far more expensive than a 125cc!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Steve, just out of interest and nothing more than that, did you look at the e-Volz trail before making your decision? http://voltz-bikes.info/

I just seem to recall that Lee and his brother both purchased Stealth's, and by memory Lee had issues with his, and those issues culminated in the start and development of the Volz bikes.

Last edited:

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Where the Stealthbomber could be used there wouldn't be congestion or parking charges for a 125cc. No MOT for the first three years either, and MOTs on motorbikes are under £30.

And the running costs of a 125cc are peanuts compared with replacement battery prices.

Get caught using an unregistered Stealthbomber on the road and the court will make it seem far more expensive than a 125cc!
I suppose it all depends on how much you use the battery and scooter. If we consider an average weekly travel of 150 miles. Let say it cost about £10 petrol per week, or £43 / month, and almost £500/year.

Makes it run 2 years and you have it for the cost of a new battery!

Reactions: flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I remember

and also pay for higher maintenance cost (garage charge at least £40/h), insurance is higher, and petrol cost.

I say you need at least £1K-1.5K running cost plus initial cost where you need to get all the equipment, purchased the 125cc and test.

So more expensive initially but in few years time there wouldn't be so much difference!

Most of those costs apply equally to the Stealth Bomber (snigger at the name). I don't know what a new battery costs but, but the pence per mile of battery deterioration could we'll be approaching the pence per mile for petrol. The little Honda is just as good, if not better than the Stealth Bomber (titter), in most respects. Also, I doubt that it is possible to mount a whicker basket for transporting pigeons on the Bomber. Another plus for the Honda.

Reactions: Cyclezee and flecc
C

Cyclezee

I have said this before cwah, but if I were you this would be my choice:D
c4.png

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Isn’t motorbike parking still free in central London? I always used to park for nothing. Then there are always lights on pavements. A copper gave me a ticket for parking on some once and would not accept that they were not part of the pavement. But I got it overturned.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Probably some place are free. But lots of time there aren't any space.

For bicycle, all you need is something you can attach your bike on...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Isn’t motorbike parking still free in central London?
Not any more John, in some areas it's been charged for a while now. First introduced as a trial in August 2008 in Westminster borough and made permanent there in June 2009.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I think stealth bomber is more off-road riding and not 4 a Honda 50
u would get laughed at and the style of the Honda is 50 years old now

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Latest stealth Bomber video
stevebills, I really hope that you are enjoying your new purchase and good on you mate. I have to say, what a stupid advertisement for a 10k plus change ebike.

Can someone please explain why this bike is soooo over priced imho I'm not impressed and a total rip off. Sorry stevebills I am not knocking you, I respect you for your own personal choice.

MS.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Steve, just out of interest and nothing more than that, did you look at the e-Volz trail before making your decision? http://voltz-bikes.info/

I just seem to recall that Lee and his brother both purchased Stealth's, and by memory Lee had issues with his, and those issues culminated in the start and development of the Volz bikes.
I never looked at the e-Volz trail and decided on the Stealth Bomber after all the support on Endless Sphere.com
I had an Optibike 600 over 3 years ago and its was rubbish with its crappy looking console and against the Bomber it doesn't compare
I never said the bike is worth 10K and is a sports car worth
New Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse Price from €2,032,000?

Last edited:

Advertisers