The Andrea Rossi Energy Catalyzer

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
"The 2009 patent application claims "a method and apparatus for carrying out nickel and hydrogen exothermal reactions," with production of copper. Although previous works on cold fusion are cited in the patent, one statement by Rossi asserted that it is not cold fusion, but rather LENR, Low-Energy Nuclear Reaction" Wiki

Energy Catalyzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His game changing technology consumes tiny quantities of nickel and hydrogen to produce huge quantities of clean, safe, and cheap energy. Unlike conventional fission based nuclear power, no radioactive materials are used and no nuclear waste is produced.

Ampenergo Amps Up Rossi's Energy Catalyzer in America

I haven't made my mind up whether this is really genuine but with companies signed up I guess we'll soon find out. I like the idea of a plant the size of your fist and the proposed domestic option at £1500.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Having read through the material, for me it's scam.

One reason is that he seems to be describing an NiMh battery, believe it or not! In those, power is pumped in by charging, producing hydrogen in the presence of nickel and getting hot at times. They have never gone into a cold fusion like reaction producing abundant energy in all the many years of research into them.

I've experimentally charged a bank of 64 NiMh cells into destruction through ignition and fire, taking the internal combination of hydrogen and nickel well beyond Rossi's temperatures, but I produced no large surplus of electrical energy on the way, just a sticky molten mess.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Yes, I never thought of the NIMH battery! It'll be interesting to see if he delivers that one megawatt heating plant, to supply heating for Defkalion in October 2011.

As it's all a trade secret and an opaque "black box" with no reliable science to support whatever it is it does, I'm less than hopeful. The proof of the pudding will be in the heating...:D

Advertisers