Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
One direction? It's all gone wrong.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Oh, come on you two.......dont you ever feel just a little bit funky ? :)

Surely you can appreciate talent in whatever genre.....and surely no one could say that Adele
doesnt have talent .........just listen.......and learn.....:)

Lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have an open mind to all forms of music Lynda and have liked much from the various popular genres, but I find much of today's output depressing in it's display of sheer lack of talent. I don't rate Adele's voice as being particularly good and it's often quite poor, the appeal in my view mostly being in the emotional content.

Nothing wrong with that if it's satisfying for any or most people of course, but it's not for me.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I find much of today's output depressing in it's display of sheer lack of talent. I don't rate Adele's voice as being particularly good and it's often quite poor, the appeal in my view mostly being in the emotional content.
I totally agree with that critical analysis Flecc. I'm afraid the "Brits" has gone the way of the "BAFTA" awards in as much as it's simply an annual "jolly" for the mutual appreciation society of not very talented minor celebs.

When it first happened, I'm not really sure but we British seem to have changed from being fair in our acclaim or criticism of those who take to the stage, to simply applauding mediocrity. Some years, there are no really good movies or television programmes made but there are always nominations to justify the celebs turning out in their finery. It becomes a self-devaluing process because of that.

I'm reminded somewhat of our own ebike of the year poll and those emotive drivers who were hell-bent on ensuring the mediocre won the right to be acclaimed as ebike of the year, notwithstanding the fact there were genuine advances made within the industry which deserved to be recognised. Fortunately, common sense prevailed.

Indalo

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
I hereby lay cliam to being the only forum member who has never knowingly heard anything by Adele

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I hereby lay claim to being the only forum member who has never knowingly heard anything by Adele
I congratulate you, you've had a lucky escape.

Don't watch the Olympics closing ceremony this year, it's a celebration of all forms of British music going on for around two hours. Adele is bound to be a part of it.

I haven't had much faith in us having a decent opening ceremony, and if this closing ceremony is anything to go by, we'll end up being the laughing stock of the world.

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
I congratulate you, you've had a lucky escape.
Thank you.

Don't watch the Olympics closing ceremony this year,
There's no chance of that. We haven't had a television set since 1980 and besides, I have no interest whatsoever in the Olympics :cool:

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
I thought the Brits were awful, even though I missed the first hour. Damon Albarn went on and on he just did not know when to shut his mouth. Even though I am no fan of Adele (and most other modern artists) I think it was disgraceful that her speech was cut short. Then when Blur did their set it was a massive disappointment as the music sounded like a bad cover of Blur, and the 'singing' was what you'd expect from someone who was drunk.

I prefer my music from the 70's and 80's. Better sounding instruments, compositions, and no autotune.

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
Oh poo. I really did think that after all these years I finally had a real claim to fame ...

Advertisers