The lost Malaysian airplane

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
it's not proven that the plane has crashed.
I very much hoped that the plane is stolen and the passengers are held as hostages.

The latest news a short while ago all pointed to a deliberate act, all transponders and communications were turned off and strong indications of a different course taken.

The world is still a big enough place for a landed airliner to be somewhere out of current detection. Remember when three hijacked airliners were landed together in a Middle East desert some years ago?

Last edited:

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I suspect the producers of 'Lost' have teamed up with 'I'm a Celebrity Big Brother' and we'll find it's all a publicity stunt gone horribly wrong. Even now, the plane is on Gilligan's Island, being attended to by a legion of dwarves in Savile Row suits.

Reactions: tillson

John F

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2013
Consider this too. Airliners carry only enough fuel to go to their intended destination plus an amount to get to somewhere else in case of being unable to land at the first place. They would never carry more than what was necessary, because of weight/cost considerations. This is the Captains responsibility after he has carried out all his calculation. So he, and the guy who filled up his aircraft know how much he has and thus how far he can go.

Haven't studied the geography much, but they do seem to be searching an ever increasing huge area?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It was announced on the BBC TV news yesterday that he had enough fuel to reach the former southern USSR countries like Kazakhstan and neighbours, which were one of his two heading possibilities from satellite detection.

The other was south to running out of fuel over the Indian Ocean. Since that is just a suicide route we can probably rule it out, since suicide is quickly and simply achieved in an aircraft without a long trip first.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Now we know it might have landed somewhere, perhaps it will reappear as the first plane in a newly formed Crimean International Airline

Don't know how the Americans will feel about the airline's initials appearing on the side of the plane:

CIA

Reactions: mike killay

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
I think from this event that a tracking device will be made to be active only from outside the aircraft and with the kit now available would transmit its positions for a good time.

Reactions: Kudoscycles

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
What nobody has mentioned on the TV is the timing,the last ping from the plane was 08.00 am and the plane flew for about 7 hours from the radio transmission at 01.00 am.
Was the guy who was flying the plane waiting for the dawn to come up?
Therefore was he waiting for light to try to land the plane or skim it across the sea. I suppose obvious but so many experts are questioning why the plane flew for so long,maybe the pilot (hijacker or crew) was waiting for the dawn.

John F

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2013
The BBC had a "10 possible Reasons" for the mystery yesterday, many of them just pure speculation. None of them referred to suicide, which I thought surprising. The business of the cockpit door/security only seems to have been mentioned very briefly.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
None of them referred to suicide, which I thought surprising.
I made mention earlier that I'd discounted suicide on the basis that the plane flew on for so long. There wouldn't be any point in that if suicide was intended, that just takes the stick being thrust forward at any time, putting the plane into a steep dive.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Flecc...firstly I should add that my son is a first officer of similar age to the FO on that 777, I am relieved that all his flying is in Europe....that makes my involvement in this incident more personal.
I agree about your conclusions on suicide and note that Malaysian Airlines are trying to wriggle out of their responsibities by starting to suggest plane error rather than hijacking or crew involvement,the compensations if an employee of Malaysian Airlines is found to be to blaim would be substantial.
This loss is unprecedented in that there is no obvious reason why this plane should be taken in the directions they suspect,so the speculation is also unprecedented....my thoughts are that someone became mentally confused and decided to fly this plane off to some remote location with the intention to land it there and the end result was a ditching. Or maybe the plane was hijacked and the pilots forced to continue to fly the plane with a view to a 9/11 type ending,but the pilots managed to deceive the hijackers and flew is as far away from urban areas to minimise loss of life.
Its a shame for the crew that we may never know what really happened.
regards
Dave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Or maybe the plane was hijacked and the pilots forced to continue to fly the plane with a view to a 9/11 type ending,but the pilots managed to deceive the hijackers and flew is as far away from urban areas to minimise loss of life.
Its a shame for the crew that we may never know what really happened.
regards
Dave
This would fit the latest from Malaysia today that they are focusing on the Indian Ocean southwards.

If this route is found to be the case from wreckage found, we could safely conclude that the pilots should indeed be recognised for their bravery, for that is a route to a certain end, out of fuel over the ocean.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I looked into my crystal ball and I saw the plane in Eastern Indonesia.

D

Deleted member 4366

I looked into my crystal ball and I saw the plane in Eastern Indonesia.
When were you there? You didn't have to go that far to see it. I looked into my TV and saw it in Telford.

Reactions: trex

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Satellite images...something I don't understand....they announce that at a point in time they can see an object in an image....why can't they,allowing for drift,look at that point on the prior/next pass of the satellite...they could then track the movement of that object against time.
Don't know enough about this subject to know why that is not possible...maybe others can advise?
Also nobody has asked the CEO of Malysia Air what is his plan when a plane goes missing and why it took 5 hours before anybody started searching for this plane....I am sure that in Europe if a plane did not move onto it's next ATC area,jets would have been scrambled within 30 mins and all local radar would have immediately advised....the world has had to respond and one must say very well to overcome bad Asian SOP (standard operating procedures).
Dave

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there are a few theories. It's very well planned, night flight, normal air corridor, shadowing another big plane, Lithium batteries, highly skilled Chinese engineers working from Freescale semi. etc.
The worst scenario involves a mad pilot, after switching off the transponder, he reprogrammed a suicide route into the flight computer, then brought the plane up to 45,000ft, depressurized the plane to kill all passengers quietly, then brought the plane down to 15,000ft, opened door, jumped off air plane etc.
He is now hiding in the Turks & Caicos Islands under a false name.

Advertisers