Things you might need when the going gets tough.

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
I'm a novice cyclist, but an experienced engineer.

When suffering from regular punctures I always managed to deal with them. However, when dealing with a puncture I always ended up with my hands in a greasy mess. Even worse when dealing with a snapped chain. Always have a couple of pairs of throw away latex gloves in your saddle bag. You don't want to get to the office looking for the Swarfega. You can turn the gloves inside out to the clean side when youve used them and dispose later. That's my top tip of the week, maybe my last one but you never know.

I havnt had a puncture since changing to puncture resistant tyres, using Slime and increasing the tyre pressures. I'm riding Schwalbe Marathon GT 365 Road Tyre - DualGuards on my Cross Pro 29er Ebike. The gloves are also usefull for picking up the dog shite from your favourite trail.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I had not had a puncture until today, and then a plague of thorns recently released by a farmer cutting back his hedge with a tractor which spewed them over the road decimated my front tyre and resulted in me spending 20 mins picking thorns out of the carcass. A new tube inserted and i managed to get home only to discover the front tyre going flat again, on the plus side having a rear wheel motor it could have been worse.

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
I had not had a puncture until today, and then a plague of thorns recently released by a farmer cutting back his hedge with a tractor which spewed them over the road decimated my front tyre and resulted in me spending 20 mins picking thorns out of the carcass. A new tube inserted and i managed to get home only to discover the front tyre going flat again, on the plus side having a rear wheel motor it could have been worse.
Hi,

Had a very similar experience myself, got to the first mile of my 7 mile trip to work and got a puncture in the woods. Two more punctures in the same week which was making life difficult hence my change of tyres and adding sealant.

Advertisers