Thoughts about this comment placed on the embn fb page.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Does this guy have a point?

It has me wondering... If the bike has a throttle then it is being mechanically propelled, but if it is being pedalled, albeit it with assist, then it isn't, as it the legs are providing the propulsion? :confused:

The first part of the rant is pretty good though. :D

555.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
did you not see the dh bike vs ebike WITH NO MOTOR POWER it won buy 2 seconds!!!

there is no way i can keep up with a full dh rig esp on steep stuff as the waight is just to much to slow down and get up to speed again then not be able to flick it round the tight stuff like on a lighter dh bike there test makes no sense at all other than pushing ebike sales and that channel.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
To be honest, I don't have any interest in dh bike tests or riding, so let that one pass me by and didn't watch it. :)

In reality the whole channel is as dull as dish water, especially as it is just going be Specialized FS every week, with a liberal smattering of WD40 sprayed about to top things off. As things stand, I can't see it lasting too long.

edit... On the other hand, get Rob Warner presenting it, and I'd happily sit and watch every episode, and be their biggest fan.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Does this guy have a point?

It has me wondering... If the bike has a throttle then it is being mechanically propelled, but if it is being pedalled, albeit it with assist, then it isn't, as it the legs are providing the propulsion? :confused:
View attachment 23282
No he doesn't if the bike in question is a legal pedelec, no throttle. Then it's classified as a pedal cycle. The type approval regulations specifically exempt it from being a mechanically propelled vehicle.

If it has a throttle that acts above 4 mph, it is a motor vehicle and should be registered and shown as such with number plate. That excludes it from any bridleway.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just buy a horse ;)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The giving way to pedestrians and persons on horse back is odd wording - implies you do not have to give way to a horse that is not being ridden. Yes - to the person leading it, if there is one, but not to the horse.

Advertisers