Throttle question

Pharmhand

Just Joined
Jun 26, 2023
I have a half twist throttle on an e-bike conversation with a Kt controller and a Kt lcd3 display.
When I twist the throttle it goes from no power to full power with out the ability to give partial power.
Is there a setting on the controller that can change this or are there different types of throttles that allow gradual increase in power?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have a half twist throttle on an e-bike conversation with a Kt controller and a Kt lcd3 display.
When I twist the throttle it goes from no power to full power with out the ability to give partial power.
Is there a setting on the controller that can change this or are there different types of throttles that allow gradual increase in power?
You need to understand how it works. If you don't pedal, the throttle works as an independent variable speed controller, so you can adjust the speed and power to whatever you want by twisting it. When you pedal, it's function changes to an instant full-power over-ride of the pedal assist setting. That's very logical, convenient and sensible. I can't see why you'd want to change that.

In case you didn't know, you can make the throttle completely legal in the settings by choosing the setting for 6km max unless you're pedalling. Without pedalling it then gives you speed up to 6km/hr, then works as an instant power boost when you're pedalling above that speed. If you stop pedalling, the power stops until you slow down to 6km/hr.

• Informative
Reactions: esuark

Advertisers