tongsheng tsdz2 periodically reading max speed and turning off

goeg

Just Joined
Nov 12, 2021
Hey everybody,
I have had this follwing problem with my tongsheng tsdz2 500W 48V kit for the past few month, being in contact with both motor and battery manufacturer trying to fix it but just could not find a solution. Maybe somebody here as an idea and i would be super grateful to know what might be the issuse. So here is the problem:

So the system is a tongsheng tsdz2 500W 48V with 500C display and a yosepower 48V 20Ah battery mounted on a rear rack.
What happens is the follwing and it mostly happens when driving up hills (slowly) or starting to drive so generally when the Motor is under quite a bit of load. The display then suddenly starts to show a maxed out speed dial indicating a faulty readout of the sensors. Indeed the read is so completely off the charts that I can see the "distance travleed" shoot up multiple hundred meters in a few seconds. As a consequence the motor shuts of (as it assumes no assist is needed) for a short moment until it turns on again. This happens in very short intervals while I am actually keeping a completely constant pace making uphills a battle.
Another thing that came with that is that I found even light bumps to the front wheel will lead to the entire motor system shutting off and I have to completely reconnect the battery for it to turn on again. Interestingly however I can shake the rear part of the bike (where the battery sits) as hard as possible and nothing will happen.
It left me a bit confused and I thought of some faulty contacts. I literally checked them all 5 times by now had every single one resoldered but that would not work. Also checked the speed sensor (on the back wheel ) but that is perfectly fine.
Then I turned to the Motor itself and exchanged the entire Controller board as I assumed that to be faulty (again the battery connection seemed to be fine as the rear wheel was not sensitive to any shaking). After I changed the Motor Controller it worked a bit better for the first 20 minutes or so, but as soon as I put load on the system, the same problem with the periodic absurd speed reads came up again and got progressivley worse. In the end I could hardly drive anymore. Now whenever trying to drive, the motor will show this problem even under very low loads making it basically useless. However the exchange of the Motor Controller seemed to have at least resolved the issues with the turning off on bumps.
Yet again to satisfy the Motor manufacturer I got a new BMS board for my battery and resoldered everything again. No help there as expected.

So does anybody have an idea what could be the issue here. What confuses me is that it did seem to work for a short time with the new Motor Controller board and then only got progressively worse until it was in the unusable state as before. If iwere the torque sensor for example it should always show up should it not?

I any case i would be super happy if anybody could just give me an idea of how to proceed from here or what it could be, because I am kind of running out of options myself.

Thanks so much i really appreciate any help!

Last edited:

Advertisers