tough phone

Simon Rafferty

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2016
Horsham
I work in a fairly industrial environment - good at killing phones!

I used to have a JCB phone which was great - but very basic (not in the least smart!).

Since then, I've had a series of iPhones and protected them in Otter-Boxes which are available from light weight impact protection right up to submersible cases (http://www.otterbox.asia/armor-series.aspx) you can drive over (how do I know this?) without the phone being damaged! They are a bit chunky though.

I currently use one of these:
http://www.otterbox.co.uk/en-gb/iphone-6-plus-6s-plus/defender-series-case/apl2-iphp15.html?dwvar_apl2-iphp15_color=20#sz=96&start=4

Which doesn't increase the size too much but provides good protection from dropping & dust ingress.

That might be a better option in the long term.

Si

Reactions: KirstinS

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
saw in paper today that DeWalt have released a phone designed for tough use. As usual with DeWalt expensive at about £380

gray

Reactions: SteveRuss

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
I use a Griffin Survivor case. YouTube videos of it. There are people dropping their devices off buildings and the device doesn't get damaged.

Amazing case. I've dropped my device countless times without a problem. Even given the phone to my kids and also nieces and nephews without problems.

Believe me if those kids can't break the phone it's pretty much indestructible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon Rafferty

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2016
Horsham
I wish there were a tough Windows phone! I know we are a bit of a minority - but I don't think I could go back to Android or iOS now!

newboater

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
i bought a cat phone from argos on line ,after reading the q & a on the website ,only to find the only pay and go sim i could get it to work on was virgin

Advertisers