Urgent (!) Safety Recall on car

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've just received an urgent safety recall from the DVLA and Mitsubishi for my specific L200 pickup model. Apparently if the drivers airbag goes off it fires schrapnel into the driver. I knew they resented losing the war but this is taking a grudge a bit far.

Thing is, it's almost 12 years old, so the warning is ever so slightly late!

So much for health and safety, a year after seat belt wearing was made compulsory the RRL informed us they killed at over 26 mph impact speed at the person, and now we have air bags shooting drivers. Thank goodness I was able to drive in safety from 1950 to 1983 before these measures arrived.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I've just received an urgent safety recall from the DVLA and Mitsubishi for my specific L200 pickup model. Apparently if the drivers airbag goes off it fires schrapnel into the driver. I knew they resented losing the war but this is taking a grudge a bit far.

Thing is, it's almost 12 years old, so the warning is ever so slightly late!

So much for health and safety, a year after seat belt wearing was made compulsory the RRL informed us they killed at over 26 mph impact speed at the person, and now we have air bags shooting drivers. Thank goodness I was able to drive in safety from 1950 to 1983 before these measures arrived.
... Its not the war... Its Brexit!!!.. they want you to replace it with a Morris marina...

• :D
Reactions: PeterL and flecc

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Wonder which poor bugger found out the hard way, about the shrapnel firing into the driver :eek:

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
... Its not the war... Its Brexit!!!.. they want you to replace it with a Morris marina...

No airbags!

This is what I learnt to drive in:

Reactions: Fordulike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This is what I learnt to drive in:

Being in the motor trade I never learnt to drive or had any instruction. My driving just evolved into being and I'd driven to varying extents years before I took the driving test at 18.

This is what I took the test in:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I got to get in the drivers seat when my legs were long enough to push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor. I learnt the road code from a book I got from the public library. I passed my test in a Land Rover SWB flat bed with the famous 2.25 litre petrol engin that was good for about 2-3 miles to the gallon in low ratio on the land I grew up on.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I learnt in one of these:

4519281218_43bc1b8129.jpg
But it had 'Town and Country' tyres on the rear, that and having a big tool box in the back gave me some great skid control lessons.
Also it had a restricted carb. So, if you were doing 40 in 4th and change down to 3rd you would slow down.
Happy days.

Advertisers