Wet weather gear.

I find my Goretex trousers let water through after about 10-15 minutes of rainfall, in the area over the knee and thigh, where they naturally get pulled when cycling. Is this is sign that the membrane is damaged and therefore need replacing, or does this inevitably happen when cycling even when it is intact? Sorry for a naive question but they are expensive to replace unnecessarily.

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
Nor was I keen on £160 - I think I paid about £50 (maybe plus P&P). Definitely an end-of-season/surplus stock purchase.

The boots were a penny or so under £20.

Just checked:
Sub Total 50.00
Discount 0.00
Shipping Method UK Standard Delivery - Free
Shipping Cost 0.00
(Total Ex VAT 41.67)
(VAT Content 8.33)
Total Inc VAT 50.00

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
Thanks for that, I’ll see if I can find one.

Reactions: oyster

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I find my Goretex trousers let water through after about 10-15 minutes of rainfall, in the area over the knee and thigh, where they naturally get pulled when cycling. Is this is sign that the membrane is damaged and therefore need replacing, or does this inevitably happen when cycling even when it is intact? Sorry for a naive question but they are expensive to replace unnecessarily.
I found you do need cycling specific gortex trousers. Hiking or golfing etc are not suitable reinforced in the bum and knee area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nefarious

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2016
South Yorkshire; S11

Advertisers