Why so few Ebikes

John F

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2013
Unfortunately I don't get to visit the Acomb office that often, even though it is the closest to home. We have 8 offices across Yorkshire, so I'm usually working somewhere in deepest West Yorkshire.

I regularly cycle into central York on a weekend, as the Selby to York cycle path is one of my favourite rides :)
I've tried the path many times. I usually get bored by Ricall so turn off and head for Wheldrake. Check out the Swallow Hall golf club for coffee/bacon sarnies.. Let me know if you are going there, I might be able to join you for a chat.

My favourite ride is north along the river to beninbrough hall farm cafe. Perhaps outside your range from Selby?

Dubster

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2012
North Yorkshire
I sometimes ride up the S&Y path and then cross over to Wheldrake and then head back home through Thorganby and Skipwith. It's difficult not to enjoy a real ale at the Ferry Boat Inn at Thorganby though :) Not tried the Swallow Hall golf club yet though, it would be nice to arrange a meet.

I've ridden the river path north of York a few times. My eldest son and I sometimes head up to Helmsley and have a night at the YHA before heading home the next day. I have to ride a non-electric for such trips though or it wouldn't be fair on the boy!

If I'm riding in a area without major hills, I can get 60 miles range.

Last edited:

Dubster

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2012
North Yorkshire
Also, bringing the thread back on track. I've enjoyed a lovely evening having a ride out tonight, and have seen two more e-bikes. One was a small wheel type with the battery hung off the back of the seat post - I suspect it was from one of the narrow boats moored at Selby basin. The other was a lady on a large wheel step-thru with a flat battery mounted horizontally on the rack.

Selby really does appear to be a hot-spot for e-bikes. Due to the flatness of the area the are a lot of cyclist active in and around the town.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
[quote="Dubster, post: 219635, member: 8517"The other was a lady on a large wheel step-thru with a flat battery mounted horizontally on the rack.

.[/quote]
How did you know her battery was flat? I hope you gave her some assistance.

Dubster

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2012
North Yorkshire
="Croxden, post: 219639, member: 9504"][quote="Dubster, post: 219635, member: 8517"The other was a lady on a large wheel step-thru with a flat battery mounted horizontally on the rack.

How did you know her battery was flat? I hope you gave her some assistance.[/quote]

Sorry, poor English on my part. I meant flat as in a rectangular and thin battery. She was riding quite happily in the other direction.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the £549 Elise has 36V battery but only 6.6AH.
26" bikes should have a minimum of 10AH because the battery limits the motor's hill climbing performance. For first bikes, the £649 E- Voyager and the £625 Woosh Santana have 10AH battery and better motor.

Advertisers