Wisper 705 t batteries

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
We have had a couple of Wisper 705 T bikes for almost 4 years now, we have looked after them, and there still like new. One has a 375WH battery and the a other 575WH. Lately the bigger battery started with a not fully charging issue, even if it was left on charge for many hours the charge indicator lights on the battery were never all lit up. The 375 WH is same age and seems ok, although maybe it doesn’t last quite as long as it used to. The 575WH now won’t charge, even left on all day it won’t pass two lights showing on the battery.I take it this means the battery has had it. The bikes haven’t been misused, both have about 550 miles on the clock . I am unsure if it’s best to buy a new battery from Wisper themselves, or get it re- celled. If we get one from Wisper it will be another 375WH this time. With this Covid Pandemic we prefer to buy online as both vulnerable and self isolating .
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you want a re -cell use the services of ebikebatteries.co.uk or contact Wisper though don't know if they re-cell or simply offer a new battery altogether.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We have had a couple of Wisper 705 T bikes for almost 4 years now, we have looked after them, and there still like new. One has a 375WH battery and the a other 575WH. Lately the bigger battery started with a not fully charging issue, even if it was left on charge for many hours the charge indicator lights on the battery were never all lit up. The 375 WH is same age and seems ok, although maybe it doesn’t last quite as long as it used to. The 575WH now won’t charge, even left on all day it won’t pass two lights showing on the battery.I take it this means the battery has had it. The bikes haven’t been misused, both have about 550 miles on the clock . I am unsure if it’s best to buy a new battery from Wisper themselves, or get it re- celled. If we get one from Wisper it will be another 375WH this time. With this Covid Pandemic we prefer to buy online as both vulnerable and self isolating .
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Hi

silly question but have you tried the 375 charger on the 575 battery?

All the best, David

Reactions: Grebacwhite

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
One of he original Wisper chargers paced in a while back, they were both identical, bought a replacement from EBay, neither work on it.

• Informative
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
In the meantime her indoors has ordered a 375wh battery from Wisper. So that’s sorted it. I am going to give some thought on the idea of getting the 575 re celled if it’s cheaper than a new battery. I think the new Wisper ordered was £249. Buying a new 575 is a none starter, far to expensive. Thanks for the advice.

JOIG

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2017
Scotland
In the meantime her indoors has ordered a 375wh battery from Wisper. So that’s sorted it. I am going to give some thought on the idea of getting the 575 re celled if it’s cheaper than a new battery. I think the new Wisper ordered was £249. Buying a new 575 is a none starter, far to expensive. Thanks for the advice.
On the whisper batteries there is a USB socket. Is there a software program that can be used to the access the battery and maybe show the condition/faults in battery? Perhaps someone on this forum may know the answer

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
No problem, eBike batteries are very good, I highly recommend them.

all the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
On the whisper batteries there is a USB socket. Is there a software program that can be used to the access the battery and maybe show the condition/faults in battery? Perhaps someone on this forum may know the answer
We stopped fitting the USB port a few years ago. We have a different interface we now use in the workshop.

All the best, David

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Update from Wisper, the battery out of stock till after Xmas. Don’t understand why they didn’t put it as out of stock on the web page, instead of accepting the order then saying it’s out of stock, I think there going to refund the payment.I tried local shop, they sell the bikes but don’t stock batteries at all, they can’t get one till January. So for now its sharing the working battery..:rolleyes:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi sorry about that, the batteries should have arrived last week, we have just found out that they are now set to land on Dec 22nd. In just over 2 weeks.

Just in case they don’t get here before Christmas we are saying they will be ready for delivery in Jan. We will be updating our web pages on Monday.

Of course we are happy to refund.

All the best, David

Last edited:

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Hi.
I would be happy to leave the payment stand, but she's buying the battery. I think she will be contacting Wisper on Monday morning, to be fair it was offered to her,but I think it was late in the day when she replied. Just a quick couple of questions. Are the chargers for 575 and 375 batteries on the Wisper 705t different then, we bought bikes at same time from Honiton about 4 years ago, they both looked the same,one packed in about 6 months back and I got a replacement from eBay. Would using the wrong one on battery have caused any issues, they always charged ok,we always took it they were identical.Been having issues getting on to the Soares page on your website,just keeps sending me to the new bikes page.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi.
I would be happy to leave the payment stand, but she's buying the battery. I think she will be contacting Wisper on Monday morning, to be fair it was offered to her,but I think it was late in the day when she replied. Just a quick couple of questions. Are the chargers for 575 and 375 batteries on the Wisper 705t different then, we bought bikes at same time from Honiton about 4 years ago, they both looked the same,one packed in about 6 months back and I got a replacement from eBay. Would using the wrong one on battery have caused any issues, they always charged ok,we always took it they were identical.Been having issues getting on to the Soares page on your website,just keeps sending me to the new bikes page.
Good afternoon,

You can use either charger on either bike, the 2A 375 charger will take longer to charge the 575 battery. The 3A 575 charger when used on the 375 may reduce battery life. I can’t comment on the charger you found on EBay though. It is possible that it could cause damage to you battery.

All the best, David

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Good afternoon,

You can use either charger on either bike, the 2A 375 charger will take longer to charge the 575 battery. The 3A 575 charger when used on the 375 may reduce battery life. I can’t comment on the charger you found on EBay though. It is possible that it could cause damage to you battery.

All the best, David
Ok I take that on board, eBay charger will be ditched and replaced with a Wisper one.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I doubt the ebay charger would cause an issue if the charger connector is the same and polarity is correct. As long as the voltage is correct and it is 2 or 3a rated then it will be fine.
For your current chargers have you checked for fuse damage, in the charger and the 13a wall plug ?

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
I chucked the broken one a long time back, after checking the fuse. We have one Wisper one now which is working fine. As soon as we get a new battery we will order a new Wisper charger. Wont be using Ebay charger again, just in case it causes problems, I seem to it wasn't expensive, cost about £18.00. Thanks for all the help and advice. Great place for help and advice on here.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Nothing wrong with the 2a generic controllers for dumb BMS/batteries, it is only if you have comm's CAN bus where issues will occur.
All one has to make sure is that polarity and connector are the same.

Advertisers