wisper 905s battery problem!

pistolpete

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2018
durham
Hi all, Iv owned this bike from new,bought in 2015 or 2011 not quiet sure of the year but after carefully looking after the battery it's failed on me,after a full charge it's only reading one red light and 1 green,doesn't matter how long it's left on for the results the same, iv been reading odd snippets off this forum from other members and iv come to the conclusion that the units goosed!.My particular battery's a 37v 16 ah flat cell type as iv opened it up to see what type of cells they are.the flat cells measure 220 ml in length, 75 ml wide and 7.5ml in width, does anyone know where I can obtain these cells to rebuild the unit back up please. Thanks.

pistolpete

May 5, 2018
durham
Thanks d8veh! I'm a bit new to all this, how many battery's would I need to purchase and would it be possible to use that new system where they all interlock without having to spot weld them, my case measures about 9 8 link width 230 ml in length, and about 100 in depth. Cheers.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Tis David the proprietor who replies not Claude :rolleyes:.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Pete, no worries. You can get your battery re-celled for less if you shop around. Just make sure the battery works before you pay and the Wh offered is not too low for you.

All the best, David

D

Deleted member 4366

The cell-packs that I linked to are complete batteries. They include the management PCB (BMS) and have two wires for the charge socket and two to go to the battery terminals. You just empty your case, drop in the new cell-pack and solder the 4 wires. You have to come up with a creative way to stop the cell-pack jumping up and down in the case. I just fill any space with expanded polystyrene, but you can glue it or whatever do you want.

The parameters that you need to consider are:
Size to fit in the case;
36V;
Continuous current at least 15A. 20A is probably ideal.
Enough amp-hours to do your journeys;
Branded cells, like Samsung, Panasonic, LG, etc are always better.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

pistolpete

May 5, 2018
durham
Thanks for your advice d8veh, iv looked on alien press but can't seem to get a 36v 16 ah pack the right shape and size. Iv put in e bike cells on Ali and it's come up either a Chinese copy of the same type of battery and battery case which would fit my bike by the look of it, the only trouble is I don't really know how good they are?

D

Deleted member 4366

If you buy a complete battery, be sure to check the polarity of the terminals because there's no standard for their orientation. If it's wrong, your controller will make a big bang and lots of horrible-smelling smoke.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Just a thought Pete, the Battery is likely to be about 6-7 years old and as you say had probably reached the end of it’s useful life. However if you would like to gamble the cost if sending it to us, we will check it’s not somthing that can be fixed. We have batteries a lot older than yours still with customers and performing well.

All the best, David

Advertisers