Wisper 905SE 2018 - can anyone answer these questions.

Stew

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Hi,

I've recently bought a Wisper 905SE (2018) and am actively cycling in and out of central London, going up a large hill in the way home. It just about does the job and, whilst I'm waiting for a reply from Wisper support, I wondered if anyone could answer, or know a source of an answer, for the following things..

1. The front disk break doesn't appear to be straight so is currently rubbing as I cycle. Can you advise me what I need to adjust to stop it rubbing

2. Going up the hill it doesn't quite have enough grunt on the steepest bits. I notice in the LCD manual there is a way to increase the voltage, but it doesn't say what this does. Also, it doesn't tell you which button to press as there is no key indication in the key column - it has the same image four times of the three buttons with no indicator which button or buttons it means.

3. If I wanted to tweak the cutoff speed whilst still getting an accurate speed rating, in theory, is there a way to do this. I saw there was a wheel diameter setting but thought it best to ask about this. I am aware of the legal speed cut off and so am just asking about this in theory. I intend to keep the bike to legal speeds and at the moment often cruise at about 17 mph in traffic. It would be nice to know if, in theory, it would be possible to get some help with this.

4. There's a USB socket on the back of the battery. Is this usable for charging things or is it there for system type stuff. Or both? I just wondered as it might be useful if my phone runs out of charge whilst in the field. There's nothing in the manual about this.

5. What is 'H' mode and how do you activate it? It's mentioned in the manual as a mode you can use but there is zero mention of how to turn the bike into H mode.

Thanks to anyone at wisper or Wisper owners who can answer these questions.

Cheers

Stew

Stew

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Hi Stew, give us a call on Monday, we will happily answer all your questions.

All the best, David
Hi David,

I did call and got some good answers about the USB socket (yes it can be used for charging!) and how to adjust the front breaks.

On voltage and the speed adjustment, it appears the LCD manual provides more information than the person I spoke to knew. I was told bike de-restriction for off-road use was possible but only if I signed understanding the warranty was invalid. Fair enough but, in this case, my first question was about the voltage setting, which I was told shouldn't exist - but does. (Hold down all three keys on the LCD unit). I imagine this might confuse the battery management and I'm not sure how good for the bike it would be changing from 36 to 48.

In addition, holding down plus and minus brings up a wheel diameter setting. In theory, I imagine changing this might change the speed the bike think's it's going.

And there is no 'H' mode as far as I can work out - despite what the manual says.

It would be useful to have a more up to date manual, that's all. And maybe include the hidden features with very clear warnings about why changing these would not be a good idea!

Thanks.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Stew,

Please would you call me on 07733226906, I think you spoke to Andrew. The H mode is now the S mode but only available on the Torque models, not the SE, and yes, I agree the manuals need updating, next job!

All the best, David

Last edited:

Advertisers