Wisper 905SE

Sep 24, 2007
Hi David

I don't know if you've been reading the forum postings recently on the 905SE?

As you will perhaps recall, I had an early 905e. I'm pleased to see on the 905SE that many of the points I mentioned to you (which no doubt you'd discovered yourself) have been addressed. I bought a German 905SE second hand in this country. Again, this is on the postings on the forum.

The SE is a vastly improved bike, I'd say. It's certainly a better ride in terms of handling and it's jumped up several notches on the quality scale. However, I am intrigued as to why the power delivery varies so much from the 905e. On the 905e, the pedelec assistance was smooth and not in any way jerky as it switched on and off. On the 905SE, the delivery is certainly not smooth... there's a noticeable kick in and out and the cutoff speed seems lower. Also, even when run derestricted, there is less oomph from the throttle than on the 905e. Has the controller been drastically modified?? If so, I would be interested in either buying a 905e controller from you or p/exing the one that's one my 905SE. Other SE owners on the forum say their bieks behave in the same way. In fact, Iw ould decsribe this as inferior to the 905E I used to have. It's a bit of a shame really, considering how the rest of the bike is so much better! It makes me want to use the motor and controller from an E and put it on the SE.... a bit ironic!

I'd be interested to know what you think of the above. Also, do the UK 905SE's behave in the same way???

Best regards

James

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Intermitent power.

Hi Jimmy

I have sent your question to the factory for an answer, I will post their reply here and send you a copy as soon as I have it.

Best regards David

Sep 24, 2007
That would be great. I'd lke to get the bike sorted out and find out why it's disappointingly jerky in power delivery. How about lending me another controller to see if it makes a difference? Or selling me one? Thanks

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Yes - same for me.
My bike is not really useable as a pedelec because of the cutting in and out. Not being aware of any other 36v hub motor bike that has pedelec operation and not having had experience of the 905e, I didn't realise that bike had cracked the smooth pedelec performance challenge. I'd be very interested in an alternative controller to get smooth pedelec performance.
Frank

Last edited:

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Thanks David for following up. I've actually fixed mine already. James (JimmyEngland) sent me on the pictures last night and I checked mine. The plug was on the brown wire on mine too so I swapped it to the brown.

Not got it tried out yet but looking forward to it. I thought it was a decent enough bike before but with proper pedelec and maybe even more power it should be even better!

Regards,

Frank

Sep 24, 2007
Hi David.

You may see from my latest posting that I have removed the two switches from the left handlebar and permanently de-restricted the bike. I also removed the speedo and battery indicator and put a good speedo on.

Since correcting the wiring fault on mine, I have been very happy indeed. The bike is brilliant and the best looking e-bike around in my opinion. So much better than the 905e.

As you can see from Frank's response, I've been quite evamgelical about letting everyone know but made it quite clear that it is as a result of the help of you and David Lai.

Last edited:

Advertisers