Wisper 906 Alpino..how to extent wires??

electro

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 23, 2011
Well, i have bought my Alpino ( the previous model, not the one on the site now) in August...

I am perfectly happy with it, except the fact that the handlebars are in a bit low position for me (although i have raised the handlebar neck at the highest position).

That is why i bought a "satori" head raiser. I placed it on the bike but now i have the problem of short wires.

The brake wires can easily change but what can i do for the 4 wires that comes out of the front junction connector :confused:

Does Wisper sells any wire extention compatible with the existing wires??????

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
The cable that needs extending, is the single multicore that connects the front junction box to the controller housing beneath the battery. This cable is hidden inside the frame down-tube. The first thing to do, is remove the cover on the controller housing and see if there is any spare cable length available. If there is spare cable, this needs to be drawn up through the frame. You can then move the front junction box bracket up to the extender spacer stack. The bracket is just sandwiched between two of the spacers, with just the headset pre-tension holding it in place.

If no spare cable is available, it will mean splicing in a new length of multicore. This would need to be done by somebody with the appropriate skills in soldering and heat-shrinking. If done neatly, the spliced in section of new multicore cable would be hidden inside the downtube.

David Miall, Wisper MD, may have an easier solution to your problem. I'm sure he will reply shortly.

All the best
Bob

electro

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 23, 2011
BRILLIANTLY easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Thanx Bob...I opened the controller housing and there was at least 4 inches spare cable inside!!! I easily drawn it up the frame and .......finished...piece of cake!!!!

I now have the 2 inches more stem height that i needed!!!!!!

Thanks a lot again!!

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
BRILLIANTLY easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Thanx Bob...I opened the controller housing and there was at least 4 inches spare cable inside!!! I easily drawn it up the frame and .......finished...piece of cake!!!!

I now have the 2 inches more stem height that i needed!!!!!!

Thanks a lot again!!
Result! glad it proved possible without major rewiring. Enjoy your Wisper Alpino.... they are fine machines.

Advertisers