Wisper 906 Alpino Spokes

stevel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2010
I must have replaced a dozen spokes per wheel over the last two years, can anyone recommend a wheel builder in South London to build the wheels with top quality spokes. Bearing in mind of course that the spokes are 13g and not generally available. The Chinese spokes are made from chocolate.

Thanks

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The rear spokes on the new Oxygen hub drive bikes are noticeably thicker than others I've seen.

Certainly worth having a look/getting hold of one if you can, if only to compare with yours and give the wheel builder something to aim at.

D

Deleted member 4366

I must have replaced a dozen spokes per wheel over the last two years, can anyone recommend a wheel builder in South London to build the wheels with top quality spokes. Bearing in mind of course that the spokes are 13g and not generally available. The Chinese spokes are made from chocolate.

Thanks
Catsnapper's our wheel-man.

This breaking spoke phenomenon is interesting. Nearly all the motor wheels I have use the same rims and spokes - even the ones I built myself. On one of them, spokes break regularly, but never on any of the others. I personally don't believe that the breaking has anything to do with size, angles, power or weight, but maybe more to do with manufacturing process controls.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Fully agree with d8veh, in my experience a well built wheel doesn't suffer spoke breakages. I've rebuilt hub motor wheels with lighter 14 gauge spokes than those they had originally and never suffered subsequent breakages. This was even true on a very heavily dished rear motor wheel used on a bike which had almost all it's weight, rider weight, trailer nose weight and large pannier load weights on the rear.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Steve,

Wow that's an awful lot of spokes it must be driving you mad!

Have you talked to Wisper Support about the problem? We haven't had spoke issues for some years now, but I am sure they will be able to offer some advice.

All the best

David

Last edited:

Advertisers