Wisper wayfarer de restrict

Jazzman007

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 16, 2022
Hi I have a wisper wayfarer and only drive it on private property I'm not bothered about the warranty, but the 15.5 mph is just a little to slow please how can I make it go faster even if it's just 20mph but preferably more, also can I get a twist throttle for it to that will do 15.5mph, please can anyone give me advice or point me in right direction

Reactions: LEZ886

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is a legal aspect and complying with the law, Wisper can't go telling folks how to de- restrict or make the bike illegal as they would be sued in case of an accident occuring or someone being prosecuted.

Please respect the views of the manufacturer as they have to comply like others to the letter of the law and are supplying a bike as intended as a legal pedelec with the rights of way that go with it's proper usage just as a normal push bike has.

What you do with the bike is up to you.

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Done it really easy bike dose up to 32mph on flat 27 to 30mph happy all day long, dont know why wisper dont help customers help fully de restrict the bikes as 15mph can be dangerous it's nice to have the extra speed to get out of trouble, I'll be adding a video to YouTube today showing 30mph I'll add link later, anyone with the wisper mid drive motor if you want to be going 30mph .message me and I'll tell you how its done
How would the extra speed get you out of trouble on private land ? ;)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks for all this invaluable information, we will need to look at our bikes to see if this is an old issue or whether it’s in new bikes. Obviously we will need to make certain this can’t happen in future.
All the best, David

Advertisers