Wisper Works 806fe

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
Hi Everyone

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong location. My mum has the above Bike and the battery is only lasting around 5 Miles now. Do you know where I may be able to get a replacement for this bike or get it reconditioned? She is desperate to get back out on it but doesn't know where she might be able to get a replacement.

Some pictures are attached.

Many thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Adam

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Wisper keep batteries for all their models, so they can supply you through this link:

Amps Electric Bikes Ltd
Manufacturers of Wisper Electric Bikes
Unit A7 Chaucer Business Park
Watery Lane
Kemsing
Sevenoaks
Kent TN15 6PW
Telephone: 01732 762393

Enquiries: info@wisperbikes.com
Service and support: support@wisperbikes.com

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yep back to Wisper for a replacement.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Adam, unfortunately this is a very old bike and we only offer support for ten years on batteries. However, you will be most likely be able to get the case re-celled. Try...

BGA Reworking
1a Gateway Mews
Bounds Green
London
N11 2UT
United Kingdom

www.bga-reworking.co.uk

Ask for Jimmy -or Jem

Any problems please PM me.

All the best, David

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
Hi All,

I did PM you David but not had a response. I haven't heard anything from BGA Reworking. I did have an email from wisper linking me to a battery that was £450. Mum only paid £500 for the bike a while back and simply can't afford that. Does that mean I am out of options? Are there no ways to get a bit cheaper battery or have someone else maybe re-cell it for me?

Thanks for all your help

Adam

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show a proper pic of the battery, it will be a generic two wire connection so any battery of the correct voltage will work.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Don't give up on Bga. I think they maybe have an old fashioned close down for holiday time around now.
They've always answered my e-mails.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
what do you mean by a proper pic? it's in a case and slots into the back rack. Do mean a picture of the connector?

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
Benjahmin
Hopefully, they will get back to me then, maybe I will give them a nudge just to see if they are back from their holidays.

Cheers

adam

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Benjahmin
Hopefully, they will get back to me then, maybe I will give them a nudge just to see if they are back from their holidays.

Cheers

adam
Yes, stick with trying BGA, but it will still cost near to £300, possibly more. The lithium battery is a very large proportion of any pedelecs price, I was paying £250 each new battery of this size 16 years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
what do you mean by a proper pic? it's in a case and slots into the back rack. Do mean a picture of the connector?
One of the actual battery so we can see if a match elsewhere can be sought, as yet no pic of any battery has been posted bar a part close up one of some spec's.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi All,

I did PM you David but not had a response. I haven't heard anything from BGA Reworking. I did have an email from wisper linking me to a battery that was £450. Mum only paid £500 for the bike a while back and simply can't afford that. Does that mean I am out of options? Are there no ways to get a bit cheaper battery or have someone else maybe re-cell it for me?

Thanks for all your help

Adam
Hi Adam, sorry not to have responded but I am just back from holiday. Please see your PMs.

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sorry, there were more pictures but for some reason, they will not attach and have a strikethrough through them ?
Thanks, that's all I needed Speedy. Considering the excellent condition of the case I would persevere with BGM, try ringing them, they will save you a lot of money.

All the best, David

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Advertisers