XLN Telecom

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Looking to switch phone companies for our business line to XLN. Keep our broadband supplier. However I wondered if anyone had used XLN for their phone line?

Many thanks,
David

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
A friend in South Norfolk used them but had a lot of customer service issues and poor response to enquiries. As you are in East Anglia I would recommend local company Comms Consulting / Comms Supply (based in Norwich) who can usually not just obtain a substantial saving on your current costs but preserve or exceed customer service levels.

I have no vested interest in recommending them, but I use them for both work and home (as I often work remotely) and they have been very good indeed, including wrestling witth problems caused by our existing BT circuits (we still have to use BT for a few critical circuits at present) and an office move, and also the fact that some of our lines are critical for the safety of our service users/customers.

My personal experience in more rural areas is that many companies simply do not want the more "complicated/demanding" business customers who make extensive use of internet/broadband and though they might intially take the business (sometimes because they don't even know where East Anglia actually is or the challenges facing telecoms providers with regard to extra maintenance costs of rural area circuits) struggle to provide an acceptable level of customer service.

We've had other companies openly turn down business from my employers (a medium sized business mostly based in rural Suffolk) simply because we've got slightly different voice circuits to a bog standard BT line and they didn't want to deal with a bit of extra admin work that BT demanded (it wasn't even BT not offering the service they would have needed!)

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Thanks for the information. David

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi David,

Been with XLN for a while now at all my stores. Have to agree CS is a little difficult to understand although rarely need to phone them and when I have any issues have been swiftly resolved.

As they are so much cheaper than the like of BT etc my advice would be to go ahead and change to them. But get the unlimited Business max deal.. Its worth it in the long run, if you go for the limited broadband the extra download charges can be high IF you exceed the limit. Also we found that the mobile call charges were a little high. So opted for the £10 extra to have shop mobiles. Its so much easier just to text people when their bikes are ready for collection. By changing to texting around 30-40 times a day as opposed to calling each time we save around £45 a month. Besides people rarely answer their mobiles so it saves a lot of time each day too to just send a text.

Regards
Martin

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Thanks Martin.

Kind regards,
David

Advertisers