Coming out time...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Vespa will begin selling the first electric Vespa next month. I'm tempted. Despite my attitude towards the Italian government.

99 km range - translated into real world range 75 km, I can live with that especially if I can hack in a range extender :D

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's also a hybrid X version of the above:

"The Elettrica X version has a range of 124 miles, roughly double the base model, which uses an on board petrol generator and 3 litre fuel tank to keep the battery charged however to make space for the generator the battery is roughly half the size and has a range of only 31 miles on its own. The generator will either kick in once the juice is running low or can be activated by the rider using an additional Extender riding mode."

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
For me at least it would be full electric
I don’t see the point in hybrid in this application you may as well just get a petrol scooter and save the heartache and potential problems a hybrid could have in comparison

• Agree
Reactions: Nefarious and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
5K seems a lot of money. It does look beautiful though.
4250€ estimated price, we will know in October

- 1000€ state eco bonus (250€ x kWh,
- 1500€ more if you live in Paris or region.
= -2500€ for the lucky few...

• Informative
Reactions: Fingers and flecc

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
The generator on board with battery seems to make total sense to me. At least it does if the drive train is electric only so saving transmission weight. So petrol engine drives generator only, therefore is tuned to very specific revs and presumably is very thrifty on fuel as a consequence. What's not to like? Why are hybrid cars not like this? Or are they and I've missed something?

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
The generator on board with battery seems to make total sense to me. At least it does if the drive train is electric only so saving transmission weight. So petrol engine drives generator only, therefore is tuned to very specific revs and presumably is very thrifty on fuel as a consequence. What's not to like? Why are hybrid cars not like this? Or are they and I've missed something?
What’s not too like ?
A constant mono tone engine note if the engine for the generator is running at the generators optimum rev
And Weight wise
Engine and transmission or
Engine , generator, electric motor and battery
I think the hybrid would be heavier as well as sounding rubbish

Maybe thou it’s non of the above :)

Advertisers