10s4p welding layout

tampano

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2017
London
Hi everyone,

what do you think of this layout for the nickel strips?

If I want to try to put the new batteries inside the original box of my bike, this is the only layout I can fit 40 batteries...so I was thinking this is also the best possible welding scheme.

Is there any better scheme you can think about?

In the attached image you can see the top and bottom view. Of course the cells colour code does not relate to the polarity but only to the parallel packs. And of course I didn't draw the parallel welding. Hope it makes sense :)

All opinions welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You need additional connections between the cells in each group to put them in parallel. That's not going to be easy with that configuration. I think I'd go with mainly 4 in a diamond and 4 flat, which will be easier to connect in each group and leave two series connections from each group to the next.

Last edited:

tampano

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2017
London
Yep, as I said in the original post, the drawing doesn't represent the parallels :)
Can you please draw me something about your configuration idea? I can't get the flat after the diamond.
I'm asking because the only other idea i was able to come with was the all flat plus one diamond but this posed the necessity of one single connections between some parallels (red and green group for example on the left) and I'm not sure it would be good enough from an even distribution point of view. Does it make sense?

Attachments

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Looks OK to me if you are tied to that 3 layer configuration. Make as many connections as you can between the parallel strings to minimise the current transfer between them. There is always a compromise unless you are building brick shaped packs.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Paint is a bit crude, though you get the idea.
Another interconnection option.
With op's layout series connection is never going to be perfect.

Series current flow would be better if the cell groups #1 - #9
was a one piece nickel shaped cut out for each 8 cells (depicted by light beige colour).

29708-aa3ef3fed6e6ae0792d5d693ff31da12.jpg_LI (4).jpg

Last edited:

Advertisers