2 × volts

Andrew Hodson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 16, 2016
NW England
I answered some 1 who asked what 1 would gain by using 2 × voltage, I said that = 2 × the power, but that = only a rise in speed of 10 to 13.
Now I see that if 1 goes @ the same speed as before, 1 gets the square root of 2, or about 1·4 × the power. (as well as the 2× voltage being used ½ the time, the motor is using it ½ the time.)
Have I got this right? (I know 1 could burn out motor if going 2× as fast.)

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
I answered some 1 who asked what 1 would gain by using 2 × voltage, I said that = 2 × the power, but that = only a rise in speed of 10 to 13.
Now I see that if 1 goes @ the same speed as before, 1 gets the square root of 2, or about 1·4 × the power. (as well as the 2× voltage being used ½ the time, the motor is using it ½ the time.)
I kinot dew it captain. It's too much for her to handle. She'll blow! I kinot change the laws of physics

• :D
Reactions: Fordulike
D

Deleted member 4366

Could you give some context to what you're saying? On an electric bike, doubling the voltage doubles the power, but not at the same speed.

Andrew Hodson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 16, 2016
NW England
Yes; I like a bit of Scotch whisky, 1 kinot change the laws of physics, Jim; electric tension (voltage) = speed of motor. If 1 tries to use more volts, any additional are just turned into heat. Then It's too much for her to handle. She'll blow! Jim. So impulse power is used...just like on Star Trek! Turning the power on & off, on & off to average the voltage wanted. So I guess could stop from going faster, could still get more power from motor, without it being worse than that, it's dead, Jim

• :D
Reactions: Emo Rider

Advertisers