36v Hailong battery

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
Hope uve all had a reasonable Christmas.
I currently have a 36v 13Ah Hailong downtube battery, would it pose a problem to upgrade it to 36v 15Ah, or would i be best advised to keep at the original Ah for a 500w motor?
Thank you.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
There should not be any issue with a larger capacity battery (assuming all the connectors fit and it fits mechanically), just longer range. What is important is that it can deliver the current you need; the controller will stop it delivering too much. Assuming similar quality cells it can probably deliver a little more current than the smaller capacity one.

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
There should not be any issue with a larger capacity battery (assuming all the connectors fit and it fits mechanically), just longer range. What is important is that it can deliver the current you need; the controller will stop it delivering too much. Assuming similar quality cells it can probably deliver a little more current than the smaller capacity one.
Thank you that info

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There are two different types of Hailong battery. Make sure that you get exactly the same type otherwise you won't be able to swap between the receivers, and you'll have to fit a new rivnut and reinstall everything.. Nothing is the same between the two, though they look the same

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
There are two different types of Hailong battery. Make sure that you get exactly the same type otherwise you won't be able to swap between the receivers, and you'll have to fit a new rivnut and reinstall everything.. Nothing is the same between the two, though they look the same
Thanks for that VFR...i did not know. This is the type i currently own. Do the photos help identify which battery i have VFR?

Attachments

Advertisers