5V USB cree t6 light

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Do you know what the max. amps the usb can handle?
The light pulls 2 amp according to the seller so you would want a bit more for safety.
Most normal USB ports would either not do the job (burn out) or be right on there limits.

You might have to contact Woosh as a quick look around show no specification anywhere for the USB on bottle batteries they all just say for charging phone.

Last edited:

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Well, the USB 2.0 standard is 500mA max - an XM-L T6 at this current gives out 225 lumens. If you can get 1A out of the port it will get up to 420 lumens. USB just can't give the current for running an XM-L at anything like its full drive current of 3A.

Michael

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Well, the USB 2.0 standard is 500mA max - an XM-L T6 at this current gives out 225 lumens. If you can get 1A out of the port it will get up to 420 lumens. USB just can't give the current for running an XM-L at anything like its full drive current of 3A.

Michael
The LED voltage is 3.6 so a 5v input will buffer the amps a bit and many USB's put out a lot higher amps than the original spec. but I agree unless it is a very high output USB and in writing I would not do it.

MikeRo

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Maldon CM8
Thanks, I'll contact Woosh. Thought it might be a bit optimistic! Otherwise, can anyone recommend a good 40v voltage regulator?

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Thanks, I'll contact Woosh. Thought it might be a bit optimistic! Otherwise, can anyone recommend a good 40v voltage regulator?
Bets bet is to just buy one of the Banggood lights from the other light thread, just 2 wires to hook up to any voltage from 12 to 80v.

Advertisers