705 T Wisper Battery

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Have owned a couple of Wisper 705 T bikes for about 4 years now, still like new, never given us any real problems unfortunately the 575w rack battery wont charge any more, tried both chargers. The other bike has a 375w battery and that's fine. Decided to buy another 375w rack battery as we only tend to do short trips out these days. Having problems trying to find a stockist who stock them, Wisper are out of stock, and have been for a while. Can anyone recommend somewhere else to buy a new one. Oh and before its mentioned I don't want to have the 575w re-celled, looked into it a while back, not cheap when you take into account the postal costs, and reliability of work done. Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
At 4 years old the batteries should still be useable, have you checked for blown fuse at all ?

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Neither charger will charge it, they both work on the 375w battery. I'm sure its the battery that's had it, first noticed a while back it took longer to charge fully, got worse and now wont charge past a couple of bars even if its left for hours. No complaints, nothing lasts for ever. I am happy to replace it. Just want to find a stockist

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
I’ve tried several Wisper dealers with no luck, Wisper don’t have any 375w batteries in stock, hopefully this will improve in the next couple of months. Resigned to walking exercise for a bit longer ☹☹☹ much prefer the bike.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Did you ask about it being re-celled with 375wh, which would be cheaper than 575wh?

Also, you can use any battery you want. It doesn't have to be a Wisper one. There are loads of rack batteries on Aliexpress or from BMSBattery, Topbikrkit or Greenbikekit to choose from. There must be one that you can adapt to fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Hill

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
When it comes to re-celling ebikebatteries.co.uk work is very good and they arrange the courier both ways, the cost is an all in one price and has always been very good.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I can also agree with vfr the battery is generic so you can use any two wire battery, Greencell battery in Poland appear to be very good as well, show us a pic of the battery you have as a generic similar type is likely available.

Last edited:

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for the advice, I am not entirely convinced on a adapting a battery to suit, would prefer to buy an original Wisper battery. I am though going to look into re-celling at ebikebatteries.co.uk. This was recommended as an alternative by a dealer I tried for a Wisper Battery. I didn't think of getting the 575 re-celled to 375, ill check them out to see if its possible and costs including. all postage

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Jimmy will use the best highest mah cells available to maximise ah/wh capacity.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
I have asked ebikes for a quote to re-cell it to original 575 and if possible down to 375. Thanks for advice

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Did you ask about it being re-celled with 375wh, which would be cheaper than 575wh?

Also, you can use any battery you want. It doesn't have to be a Wisper one. There are loads of rack batteries on Aliexpress or from BMSBattery, Topbikrkit or Greenbikekit to choose from. There must be one that you can adapt to fit.
Looked at these cant see anything suitable at all. Thanks for help.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Yes I asked for quote on both 375 & 575. Waiting for reply now, never mentioned high power or long life I'll waist and see what he says.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
I’ve had a quote from Ebikebatteries , very prompt reply’s, I think I will go down this route. Just got to decide which size to go with from the quote, not much difference in the price, so maybe the dearer one is a better buy, space fitting ? . Prices include all delivery costs both ways.

Thanks for all the help and advice

14Ah - £350.00 (40 cells)
17.5Ah - £395.00 (50 cells, space permitting)

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Not such good news today, unfortunately Ebikebatteries are not able to take on any new work due to difficulty in getting battery cells with shortage world wide, and Brexit is not helping. I have looked everywhere for a new Wisper Battery with no luck. So its solo riding for now and sharing the one working battery . I have been told some sellers on eBay offering to re-cell, just don't trust eBay after a couple of issues with dodgy sellers in the past.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have you tried ebikes direct as they are a dealer as well.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
E-bikesdirect if you want to search for them.
I’ve just looked at the website, they don’t show the battery, but do sell the same bike so I have emailed them, the shop is shut, but there still dealing online, could be a couple of days before they reply, but worth a try. I also contacted the dealer we bought the bikes from, I hadn’t bothered before as I wasn’t impressed with them. I won’t name them, yes they have a 375w battery in stock, but want £40 more than Wisper charge plus £10 postage. I won’t be going down that route. I’m more or less thinking I will have to just wait till thing improve and life gets a little bit back to some sort of normality.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
I’ve just looked at the website, they don’t show the battery, but do sell the same bike so I have emailed them, the shop is shut, but there still dealing online, could be a couple of days before they reply, but worth a try. I also contacted the dealer we bought the bikes from, I hadn’t bothered before as I wasn’t impressed with them. I won’t name them, yes they have a 375w battery in stock, but want £40 more than Wisper charge plus £10 postage. I won’t be going down that route. I’m more or less thinking I will have to just wait till thing improve and life gets a little bit back to some sort of normality.
Hi. If you look at one of the latest posts on the Classified thread, there is a response from Wisper that 375 batteries are back in stock. Get in quick!

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Just looked.....Still Not In Stock. I will try and phone them tomorrow. although I have also had update from Ebikebatteries that they may have stock in soon, that may be a better option with up-rated battery, for not much more money.

Last edited:

Advertisers