905 se

rob

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 29, 2008
can anybody advise me where I can purchase a new 36v hub motor suitable for the 905 se. Although my 905 se seems to be running to its full potential, there is a distinctive sound of loose ball bearings from the hub as i push the bike before getting on it and a grinding sound from the hub pushing the bike after use.

I've seen motors at both 190 rpm and 260 rpm, but don't know where to buy them from or if they are compatable with the bike / battery.

Rob

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It might not be the motor Rob, since you remark on this happening when you are pushing the bike. It could be the multi sprocket freewheel.

These freewheels are notoriously less reliable than the cassette gears that sports bike use, but which can't be used with hub motors. The bearing on them is inboard, and the twisting strain on the bearing is considerable when high gear small sprocket is being used, since these are well outboard of the bearing.

Check if the grating sound is there when you hold the bike still and turn the pedals backwards, if so, you need a new freewheel, and if the sprocket teeth are a bit worn, a new chain to go with it.

The Suzhou Bafang motors used on the Wisper are generally very reliable and able to run for years trouble free.

rob

Feb 29, 2008
Thanks flecc, I've had a go at that. The noise (ball bearings rolling around) appears to be from the Suzhou Bafang hub motor as the wheel is turned.
This noise is not there when I hold the bike still and turn the pedals backwards.

Looks like I'm back to looking for a suitable replacement motor!

dicklaiwisper

Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2008
hong long have been using this bike?

Thanks flecc, I've had a go at that. The noise (ball bearings rolling around) appears to be from the Suzhou Bafang hub motor as the wheel is turned.
This noise is not there when I hold the bike still and turn the pedals backwards.

Looks like I'm back to looking for a suitable replacement motor!

Hi Rob,

It seems the clutch's noise, after several days riding, it will be ok. Can you let me know hong long have you been riding the bike? and when you found this noise?

Thanks!

Warm regards,

Dick

rob

Feb 29, 2008
Dick,
是汽车是一个苏州bafang模型没有129swx36 36vdc二百五十○瓦特
自行车是购自德国于2008年1月
自行车已涵盖25个行程20英里, 500英里的总。
噪音是越来越差逐步超过使用。

Regards

Rob

rob

Feb 29, 2008
I'm not sure how that translated so: Yes the motor is a Suzhou Bafang Modle no 129SWX36 36VDC 250W
The bike was purchased from Germany in January 2008
The bike has covered 25 journies of 20 miles , 500 miles total.
The noise is getting progressively worse over use.

Regards

Rob

dicklaiwisper

Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2008
I'm not sure how that translated so: Yes the motor is a Suzhou Bafang Modle no 129SWX36 36VDC 250W
The bike was purchased from Germany in January 2008
The bike has covered 25 journies of 20 miles , 500 miles total.
The noise is getting progressively worse over use.

Regards

Rob
Hi Rob,

Thanks! Do you feel that noise when you riding the bike(under throttle or pedal assist).

Thank you!

Best regards,

Dick

rob

Feb 29, 2008
Hi Dick,

Since I've had the bike, between 30 to 50% of the time, I hear a rattling noise when excelerating with the throttle. I've never heard the noise on peddle assist.gards

Rob

Re

rob

Feb 29, 2008
Hi Rob

This is unusual. I think it could be a problem with the gears.

Have you spoken to Doug about it?

All the best David
Hi Dave yes I've spoken to Doug.

He advised:- "the motors we have now are not compatable with your version, and the only alternative is to get one from the motor manufacturers in china together with a controller to match. This would take about 6 weeks? Alternatively, we or you could take the motor to a uk electric motor service company and they MAY be able to sort it".

Dick Lai has advised there have been a lot of motors from the factory with the same problem!

I would like to request a replacement motor, Can you advise a contact and email for the factory

Regards

Rob

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Dave yes I've spoken to Doug.

He advised:- "the motors we have now are not compatable with your version, and the only alternative is to get one from the motor manufacturers in china together with a controller to match. This would take about 6 weeks? Alternatively, we or you could take the motor to a uk electric motor service company and they MAY be able to sort it".

Dick Lai has advised there have been a lot of motors from the factory with the same problem!

Rob
Hi Rob, Dick is incorrect, there have been three or four now including yours out of hundreds sold, I pulled Dick up on this and he says he told you we had experienced a "few" problems? We do try to tell the truth but don't want to make a problem sound worse than it is!

Even though the bike you have is one of the German bikes that we do not offer a warranty on, I am arranging for a new motor to be sent to you. When we replace it please send the old one back so we can investigate.

Please let me know how you get on?

All the best David

Advertisers