905SE Battery and Charger Ooh La La

BrizzleBoy

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2007
Bristol
I could have PM'd David but thought it may be useful for other owners to read the response.

I am taking my beloved bike away with us to France soon and just wanted to check regarding the charger and battery.

The charger says 115 - 230 volts so I am assuming it is just a case of plugging in as usual ( assuming I remember take a travel plug adapter with me :rolleyes: ) and hey presto rocket propelled ready to roll.

The only reason I ask is that I noticed a small tag screwed inside the charger with a 230 on it :confused: .......

Thanks

dicklaiwisper

Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2008
I could have PM'd David but thought it may be useful for other owners to read the response.

I am taking my beloved bike away with us to France soon and just wanted to check regarding the charger and battery.

The charger says 115 - 230 volts so I am assuming it is just a case of plugging in as usual ( assuming I remember take a travel plug adapter with me :rolleyes: ) and hey presto rocket propelled ready to roll.

The only reason I ask is that I noticed a small tag screwed inside the charger with a 230 on it :confused: .......

Thanks

You are right! This 230 means you can use this charger in the 220-240V Countries no need caring that concave switch but correct travel plug adapter is necessary. When you use a pin have that concave switch down, so it shows 115V in upper position, then you just take a travel plug adapter, you can use the charger in whichever 110-120V Countries.

Attachments

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Switch

Hi Brizzle boy!

I have had a go at my own charger and it is quite easy to do. The red slider that has 230 in white on it simply pushes down into the 115 position, I used a small, screw driver to do it.

Have a look at these images.

P1011839.JPG

P1011838.JPG

I hope this helps, have a great holiday.

Best regards David

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Hi Brizzle boy!

I have had a go at my own charger and it is quite easy to do. The red slider that has 230 in white on it simply pushes down into the 115 position, I used a small, screw driver to do it.

Have a look at these images.

View attachment 299

View attachment 300

I hope this helps, have a great holiday.

Best regards David
Hi David

I haven't got that charger, is this the new one that was mentioned a while ago?
I am not taking mine abroad just yet :) but would it be possible to use mine abroad if I did?
I like my slick little charger and I haven't had to drill any holes in it just yet :D
Regards
Wisper No. 1 fan

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hiya Mandy

Hi Mandy

Yes they are in stock and I am sure we could do a good deal for you.

Best regards and thanks for all your support! :D

Best regards David

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Hi Mandy

Yes they are in stock and I am sure we could do a good deal for you.

Best regards and thanks for all your support! :D

Best regards David
Hi David
Hope you are well and I am still loving my SE as you may have gathered from the threads :D
Thanks for that and will buy one in the future but after reading a previous thread on security I may buy a security motion alarm first :D
Can you please send me details of the one you have?

I am a "Tell it how it is person" and give credit where it's due and it's due :D
Regards
Mandy

BrizzleBoy

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2007
Bristol
Well it wasnt so much Ooh La La more like Ooh, Bang, Puff of smoke :rolleyes:

On day one of the holiday in France I set my charger to 115 and that was the end of that charger.

Thankfully the battery is unaffected and Doug has sent me a new charger but an expensive lesson for me ( well once I send the cheque off - in the post honest :D ).

I think next time I am in France I personally will leave it at 230 volts but this is just a warning to anyone else going abroad to be wary.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Was it a 220 volt socket BrizzleBoy?

When I lived in France many years ago, I remember being surprised at sockets in some commercial premises with outlets together on the one plate for 110 volts, 220 volts, and 440 volts three phase. Our today's health and safety types would have been appalled. :eek:

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Well it wasnt so much Ooh La La more like Ooh, Bang, Puff of smoke :rolleyes:

On day one of the holiday in France I set my charger to 115 and that was the end of that charger.

Thankfully the battery is unaffected and Doug has sent me a new charger but an expensive lesson for me ( well once I send the cheque off - in the post honest :D ).

I think next time I am in France I personally will leave it at 230 volts but this is just a warning to anyone else going abroad to be wary.
Hi Brissol
Why did e set er to 110 volts

I thought all eu volts were 230 (all the time I have had to use EU mains it was 230)
Turkey is sometimes 228 and woobly but not often

Advertisers