A Thread from Phill for those who are not very Smart!

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
OK, I have spent the day messing about with my new Matt Black iPhone 7 Plus 256gb, it had a few issues from not accepting my Apple ID to not ringing but all sorted now, its just amazing how long out takes to back up a 128GB one and transfer stuff over, then all the passwords.

SO, I have also ordered a JET BLACK iPhone 7 Plus 256gb, that is arriving direct from Apple between the 4th and 10th Oct (my black was 20th - 22nd Sept and arrived today the 20th), I have now decided I don't need a spare phone as it too much bother loading all the stuff into it, I see that they are selling for a healthy premium on ebay, so if you or someone you know wants one let me know and you can have it at the cost from Apple which is £919. I can reject delivery and it will go back so no problems, I don't do ebay so just trying to be helpful to you lovely people :D

D

Deleted member 4366

OK, I have spent the day messing about with my new Matt Black iPhone 7 Plus 256gb, it had a few issues from not accepting my Apple ID to not ringing but all sorted now, its just amazing how long out takes to back up a 128GB one and transfer stuff over, then all the passwords.
When I got my new Samsung S7, I just put it on top of my old phone, pressed a button and it copied everything across - all passwords, accounts and everything. It was then ready to use in less than 30 seconds IIRC. Don't iphones have that?

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
True story...
A freind called and asked if I could help her work her phone... I said.. sorry, it's an iPhone and I don't know anything about iPhones, to which she replied.. no it isn't it's a Vodafone.... it says so on the back.
one could argue that its a refreshing case of not being programmed by brand advertising, I have a 40 euro bottom of the range LG that does everything an Apple does, except make me look a twat

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
When I got my new Samsung S7, I just put it on top of my old phone, pressed a button and it copied everything across - all passwords, accounts and everything. It was then ready to use in less than 30 seconds IIRC. Don't iphones have that?
It should just be a case of signing into icloud with your Apple ID. That should do everything unless for some reason you have everything stored locally on the phone.

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get everything loaded on a phone, well in my case that quick, I have over 400 Apps, some of these have marine charts on, some have road maps of Europe, the USA and other countries, these take a long time to download, the iPhone will download the basics very quickly but will then work for hours and hours indexing and sorting things out such as facial recognition on photos.

I guess if you have the old stuff then 30 seconds is enough, but for us in the modern world where our phone can do just about anything, it does take time to transfer over unlike slapping a bit of cement on a brick :p

Message sent from brand new iPhone 7 Plus 256gb in stunning Matt Black

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014

SO, I have also ordered a JET BLACK iPhone 7 Plus 256gb, that is arriving direct from Apple between the 4th and 10th Oct (my black was 20th - 22nd Sept and arrived today the 20th), I have now decided I don't need a spare phone as it too much bother loading all the stuff into it, I see that they are selling for a healthy premium on ebay, so if you or someone you know wants one let me know and you can have it at the cost from Apple which is £919. I can reject delivery and it will go back so no problems, I don't do ebay so just trying to be helpful to you lovely people :D
£919......Jeez you can almost buy 2 Puch ebikes for that with Smart stickers put on them to make idiots think they've bought something manufactured by Mercedes.....

Reactions: russmcp

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
£919......Jeez you can almost buy 2 Puch ebikes for that with Smart stickers put on them to make idiots think they've bought something manufactured by Mercedes.....
A pigeon would be even cheaper, but birdmail could take a few weeks compared to milliseconds by email :D

Come to a city and see real life, I think too many people on this forum are carrot crunchers, nothing wrong with that its just a different way of life, wait until you get running water e.l.e.c.t.r.i.c.i.t.y and g.a.s. your life will change :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
take the battery out of it and stick in a 512gb sd card o you cant pmsl.:p

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
My iPhone connects to my bike so they work together, I can ride my bike without my smartphone but can't ride my smartphone without the bike, I can answer calls, search the internet, email e.t.c. on my phone but can't on my bike.

Ok supper is almost ready, GTG :p

D

Deleted member 4366

It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get everything loaded on a phone, well in my case that quick, I have over 400 Apps, some of these have marine charts on, some have road maps of Europe, the USA and other countries, these take a long time to download
I also have hundreds of apps and lots of marine charts, music and everything. I think it transfers by osmosis or something. It doesn't use the internet, a cable, nor a phone signal. The data just soaks through from the top phone to the bottom one.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I know some people think Apple products are mediocre and over priced, maybe they are but I don't want to debate that.

I like Apple products and have iPhones, iMacs and iPads. The integration and synchronisation is great. The build quality and after sales backup is second to non that I have ever experienced. I accept that Google do a pretty good job of integrating devices and sync services too.

One thing about your post above puzzles me. Why do you think anyone would want to put an SD memory card in their iPhone? There is no SD slot for a very good reason, you simply don't need one.

Reactions: Data_Daedalus

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I also have hundreds of apps and lots of marine charts, music and everything. I think it transfers by osmosis or something. It doesn't use the internet, a cable, nor a phone signal. The data just soaks through from the top phone to the bottom one.
It uses a compression algorithm. It gets all the 1's and multiplies them all together, then does the same for the 0's. Then it multiplies the two results together. Only this value is transferred between them, then the data is extracted in reverse t'other end.

[emoji12]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
record 4k video it will eat 256gb but not quit there yet well not 60fps, as for after care never again i had a 5k apple mac pro and it was never fit for purpose as it kept over heating and spent more time being fix than i had it.

every time the logic board was replaced and just done it again under load and got my money back in the end after half a year and taking the shop to scc and then got a refund.

soon as i filed it with the court they caved in and gave me my money back ;)

Advertisers