Advice on a new eMTB

Festivejelly

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2016
Bristol
So i'm in the market for a new eMTB thats mid driven.

I cant decide on Yamaha or Bosch and tbh I dont think I really care which one it is aslong as it works!

So far i've narrowed it down to:

Cube Stereo Hybrid 120 HPA Pro 500 2016
Haibike Sduro FullNine SL Full Suspension MTB 2016
Haibike Sduro ALLMTN RC Full Suspension MTB 2016

Now I dont really know much about bikes, all I know is I want a full suspension setup. But I dont want to go over the top. Ideally I want to spend less if I can. The cube is the cheapest there, but i'm not sure how great it is.

Anyway if anyone has any advice let me know, i'll be buying it to upgrade from my Oxygen MTB-X

Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Three bits of advice

1 test ride

2 test ride

3 test ride some more

• Agree

Festivejelly

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2016
Bristol
I see where you're coming from D8ve but I cant seem to find any dealers around Bristol. Theres 50Cycles but they dont seem to have these bikes.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I see where you're coming from D8ve but I cant seem to find any dealers around Bristol. Theres 50Cycles but they dont seem to have these bikes.
Atmosphere and e bike shop spring to mind. I think we have 3 dealerships in Bristol.

• Informative

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
It's a big purchase, so probably worth travelling to test the bikes of interest rather than ordering somewhat blind off the internet.

One the other hand, I bought my first eBike (a Cube) without trying it first and I absolutely loved it! :D

Festivejelly

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2016
Bristol
Im sure i'll get on with all of them I was just worried about picking one that was known for being terrible.
I must say i'm loving the look of the haibikes.
I've heard the bosche motors tend to be a bit more favoured due to the gear changing cut out thing. Plus a bit lighter on the battery. I think im going to settle for the cube.

I've been to Oxygen bikes which is where I got my current one from , it seems the local bike shops near bristol dont have a great selection so I'll probs order it online, at least that way if i dont get on with it I can return it easily.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
one of the guys at e cycle in stroud is selling his haibike xduro all mtn pro same as my bike if you are interested.
http://www.ecycleuk.com/home

no idea how much but was £5500 new

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i think this is it.
Managers Special - SAVE £1200 off this Haibike Xduro Nduro RX. Also includes uprated 500wh battery, Dfender mudguard, spare set of brake pads, innertubes and spare Intuvia Display. Ride away today for £3400. RRP £4600

Related Articles

Advertisers