Advice please.... Pro Rider E-Wayfarer controller.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
Right round two....
The original request was a replacement for the Ananda which you showed pics of and it was a sensored signwave model.

This other controller is a Lishui but not the one you received yes ?
Yes it was the Ananda and haven’t got the foggiest if it was a sensored signwave model.
The other is a Lishui and it was the one in the picture that I sent you, hadn’t realised it was different from advertised, the previous picture shows the one I received.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
In #4 you described the Ananda wiring and said three thick wires and five thin wires go to the motor, later I think you said it was actually six.
Five or six doesn't matter it is a hall sensored motor/hub.
So the Ananda replacement needs to be a sensored/sinewave replacement kit.

Now the Lishui you have we need a pic of the wiring please (( not the Aliexp ones).

Whatever you end up buying it will be best to buy all ancillaries so that there is no need to rewire any connectors, the brakes you can probably get away with as you only need one to work on the rear. Two working brakes sensors just causes headaches if one fails then the good one also won't work.

Personally I would use the KT brand as in general they have proved reliable and easy to set up.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
In #4 you described the Ananda wiring and said three thick wires and five thin wires go to the motor, later I think you said it was actually six.

Now the Lishui you have we need a pic of the wiring please (( not the Aliexp ones).

Whatever you end up buying it will be best to buy all ancillaries so that there is no need to rewire any connectors, the brakes you can probably get away with as you only need one to work on the rear. Two working brakes sensors just causes headaches if one fails then the good one also won't work.

Personally I would use the KT brand as in general they have proved reliable and easy to set up.
If it helps the white wire in the terminal block is not connected to anything round the other side. (I’ve reloaded the Amanda pic again. Also pics of Lishui wires.)

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just noted on the Ananda Blue phase it has either melted thru the sheath or rubbed on something.

Your Lishui is also sensored/sinewave as it has the Julet 9 pin connector, the hub for that one has an internal speed sensor. Being that it is 22a I would opt definitely for the KT set up on both bikes slightly dearer then others on the market but you pay for better quality and they are so much more user friendly.

Decide if you want Jst Sm connectors.

Or water proof julet.

For both controller select everything else you need from the drop down boxes on the same page. LCD3 is a very good screen or if you want discreet LCD4.
For the Ananda controller bike you might want to add a wheel speed sensor for the display ODO to read out.

Before you buy list your items so we can check they are correct.

Last edited:

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
Just noted on the Ananda Blue phase it has either melted thru the sheath or rubbed on something.

Your Lishui is also sensored/sinewave as it has the Julet 9 pin connector, the hub for that one has an internal speed sensor. Being that it is 22a I would opt definitely for the KT set up on both bikes slightly dearer then others on the market but you pay for better quality and they are so much more user friendly.

Or water proof julet.

For both controller select everything else you need from the drop down boxes on the same page. LCD3 is a very good screen or if you want discreet LCD4.
For the Ananda controller bike you might want to add a wheel speed sensor for the display ODO to read out.

Or water proof julet.

Unless I’m missing something the first one doesn’t have the Julei connector that my motor has so would the second one be the only choice.
Also do I need a new throttle mine is a twist type, though I don’t mind changing it as a thumb type may be easier.
As regards the pas can I use my existing one? I’m also not sure if I can see any brake connector.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
Just a quick ps, we’ve already fixed the rubbed sheath on the blue wire, but thanks for the heads up, also just to confirm both of our bikes are identical, have the ananda controllers.
gonna have another read of your messages as I’m brain dead at the moment, but thanks again for all your help, really appreciate it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Unless I’m missing something the first one doesn’t have the Julei connector that my motor has so would the second one be the only choice.
Also do I need a new throttle mine is a twist type, though I don’t mind changing it as a thumb type may be easier.
As regards the pas can I use my existing one? I’m also not sure if I can see any brake connector.
For the first one you need this item, it come with the dj7061a connector loose so you fit click the pins in.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If your throttle is 3 wires it will be usable.
Existing PAS should work.
The first one has a brake connector you would have to cut it off and fit another type, simply solder the wires direct or buy the brake levers as part of the kit so the connector matches.
This is them just select the normal brake item in the drop down box assuming you don't have hydraulic brakes.

The second one use a 1T4 splitter cable with julet connectors so you would have to buy the julet brake levers.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Re; the brakes they are for two wires for the first one.
So your brakes on the Ananda controller bike will simply wire to them Black/Black & Red/Red, though you will need to change the connector or solder direct.

For you Lishui controller bike they won't work so if you have cable brakes buy the levers as they only add < $4 to the total price or buy the HWBS that fits inline on the brake wire. The levers are the cheaper and guaranteed option that will work and be plug and play.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst

I have been reading through our messages and I think I might have misled you, in #39 I sent a photo of a controller, it was one that I received from AliExpress, took the wrong one by mistake. Sorry. Both my wife’s and my bike have the Ananda controllers
I’m trying to get to grips with what I’ll need, so hope you don’t mind if I run over things,
Can I still use either of the controllers that you mention in #44? Only I notice that they are rated as 450-500watt, and as our bikes are only 250 watt I thought I should check whether they will run if they’re under powered.
I’ll carry on looking at the two choices and see how far I get,
thanks again,

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
So your brakes on the Ananda controller bike will simply wire to them Black/Black & Red/Red, though you will need to change the connector or solder direct.

For you Lishui controller bike they won't work so if you have cable brakes buy the levers as they only add < $4 to the total price or buy the HWBS that fits inline on the brake wire. The levers are the cheaper and guaranteed option that will work and be plug and play.
Also, I tried a number of times to register with topbikekit, but they keep rejecting my telephone number and not let me join, tried different numbers, did you have this problem?

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst

One more thing, would you mind looking at the link below to see if this is the same, just in case I cannot join topbikekit.com. The displays look the same but not sure if controller will do.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can I still use either of the controllers that you mention in #44? Only I notice that they are rated as 450-500watt, and as our bikes are only 250 watt I thought I should check whether they will run if they’re under powered.
I’ll carry on looking at the two choices and see how far I get,
thanks again,
You can use either of the KT controllers both are sensored sinewave for hub motor with 8 or 9 motor wires.
The watt rating is a rubbish guide for them be guided by the current rating, both are 22a rated so a bit more then the Ananda 15a ones you have. It means if you want you can have a bit more power/current. If you want the same 15a current rating you can buy the SO6S model instead, the ones I linked to the SO9S have 9 mosfets instead of 6 so heat dissipation is better. With the lcd 3 or 4 model and some of the others you can turn/dial down the current for less power, for instance you might feel your Ananda's are a little under powered or you wished you had a little more oomph from the bikes so you could set the SO9S to about 17 or 18a for just a bit more power without utilising the full 22a.

The SO9S is a bit bigger then the SO6S in size.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I am also a bit confused as the Aliexpress Lishui controller labels pic states it is a sensor less controller which originally I missed.
The picture you posted #39 of the one you received clearly doesn't state this and then your pic of the motor connector clearly shows 9 pins for sinewave/sensored controller, are you able to confirm that there are 9 wires at the other end going into the controller ?
You may have to undo the end panel screws to count/confirm them.
Though you did say that one doesn't even turn the supplied lcd on so sounds like it is non working anyway.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks, yes it is for sensored hub motor.
Looks like those LSW's should be given a miss then.

I'm a KT user and they are all I use and have little issue with them, I now if possible stick to the 9 mosfet models as they handle heat/temperature better. If one doesn't need the full ampage one simply dials it down a bit via the lcd parameter settings.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Squarewave are noisier and some motors don't work so well unsensored.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
still trying to work out what I need to get, sorry to be a bother but can I ask,

Do both the controllers that you mentioned in #44 use the additional speed sensor for the display, as I can only see it as a choice to buy for the first one? (That’s on the topbikekit site).

I am still having a problem with registering for the topbikekit site, so I’ll have to try to source the items from AliExpress, it looks like it’s the same seller, called topbikekit, so that may help.

This is what I’ve found so far,

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
still trying to work out what I need to get, sorry to be a bother but can I ask,

Do both the controllers that you mentioned in #44 use the additional speed sensor for the display, as I can only see it as a choice to buy for the first one? (That’s on the topbikekit site).

I am still having a problem with registering for the topbikekit site, so I’ll have to try to source the items from AliExpress, it looks like it’s the same seller, called topbikekit, so that may help.

This is what I’ve found so far,

Only the 2nd Sm one has light and speed sensor output,
light is Blue/Black two wire.

Last edited:

Advertisers