Alien Ocean problem

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't think it makes much difference AC or DC. Current is the same. Those sockets are not really good enough. I've seen a lot of melted plastic in them, although that was on 22A and 30A controllers. If you have a 10Ah battery with a 15A controller, the only time you get 15A is at low speed. At cruising speed, you'd be lucky to get 10 amps, so they're just about OK for those.

Trex 850

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Update pt2 !
After a bit of research and thanks to a lot of help and advice from the pedelec forum users,decided to get a bottle battery installed,rather than getting my existing battery box re-celled, found a company called Kinisys based in Borehamwood -not too far from my house and once I contacted the owner,made arrangements to have the battery fitted,, while waiting for his mechanic to complete the fit, he offered me a few rides on a selection of bikes, got to be honest now,some of them are insane !!- it was almost possible to wheelie an electric bike -definitely not 250w and the advice to put my weight close to the front wheel on some of them was no exaggeration !.
Nice to have all that power available and I can see why for some the uk/euro limit is willfully low-anyhow,battery all fitted and time to test the Alien, took the bike home and put it on full charge-about 3hrs-result ! , bike is totally transformed and holds 18.2 on the flat like its no tomorrow,speed drops slightly to 11.2 on hill climbing but with assistance from me soon picks up again. all in all ,a worthwhile upgrade- battery is rated at 36V 11.4AH and the duration so far was yesterday managing 24 miles with a mixture of throttle and pedelling before the red light went out-even on orange,the battery was doing its thing,not as lively but still there, and this is in cold conditions going to work at 6.30am !,, battery should improve when the weather warms up I think. And the price was nice as well- £235 inc fitting,charger and 2 yr warranty !....P1040555.JPG P1040556.JPG P1040557.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: mountainsport

Skewiff

Just Joined
Apr 12, 2015
hi having the same problem myself with my alian read your report and got in touch with kinisys so thinking of taking my bike to them have you had any problems since with yours

Trex 850

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
None whatsoever !,, have used the bike every day for work and the occasional trip to my dads place in Harlesden, round trip of 22 miles and the battery still shows 2 green lights -should be good for close to 30 miles total distance I reckon,and now the weather has warmed up,I've noticed an improvement in performance- could be me though getting slightly fitter !!.

Skewiff

Just Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Thanks for the reply sounds really good my only problem is I live in Lincoln but I think it would be worth taking the bike down there thanks again regards

Advertisers