Alternative Display and Controller for NCM (DAS-KIT)

Abby

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2020
Wanting to increase the PAS Max speed on my NCM bike I be quite satisfied with around 30-35kmh it currently 25kmh
The Das-Kit system appears to be complete locked down so I'm considering if Sourcing a alternate KT display and controller that would plug and play with the current hub motor
-There is a Das-Kit Display that allows for adjustment but its quite expensive

Would this be a possibility ? Anyone else done this on a Das-Kit equipped bike?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The LCD is a standard part with modified software. You can buy the standard one, but I'm pretty sure that Das Kit reversed the connectors on their kit to prevent it from fitting. You could cut off the connectors and join the wires directly.

Alternatively, you can fit any standard controller and LCD you want. The KT 15A sine wave one with LCD is very good at about £70. You'll probably have to do something with the wiring to the PAS, like change a connector and/or extend a wire, and you might need a motor extension cable too, depending on how long the cable is that comes out of your present controller.

Reactions: ovt

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
Wanting to increase the PAS Max speed on my NCM bike I be quite satisfied with around 30-35kmh it currently 25kmh
The Das-Kit system appears to be complete locked down so I'm considering if Sourcing a alternate KT display and controller that would plug and play with the current hub motor
-There is a Das-Kit Display that allows for adjustment but its quite expensive

Would this be a possibility ? Anyone else done this on a Das-Kit equipped bike?
There is no need to change the display. Increased cut-off speed, better accelaration and removal of the 25 -> 20 kph flat spot are all achievable at much less cost than fitting a new display. I have sent you a pm about this.

Reactions: ovt

Abby

Jul 17, 2020
I have read that Das-kit had the connections off shelf component made non standard
So that and given how unsatisfactory the bike as been with other issues over all I have now returned it
I will research some more and find a bike that's more suitable to my needs next time

Rabbashanks

Feb 6, 2019
There is no need to change the display. Increased cut-off speed, better accelaration and removal of the 25 -> 20 kph flat spot are all achievable at much less cost than fitting a new display. I have sent you a pm about this.
Hey, I don't suppose your method would also work on a Haste E Claud Butler would it? I only have an led display so no way to edit parameters...it's 250w, 36v 10ah and limited to 15.5 unfortunately...

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
Hey, I don't suppose your method would also work on a Haste E Claud Butler would it? I only have an led display so no way to edit parameters...it's 250w, 36v 10ah and limited to 15.5 unfortunately...
Unfortunately not. The fix is applicable only to NCM (Das-kit) e bikes.

ovt

Just Joined
May 15, 2023
Hi.I have an ebike with das-kit CT5-i5 controller, L6 display unlocked, I used the code 8088 for derestrict and the top speed that i can reach is 45km/h. The engine is an X15R 11AH1449, and I have a 48v 21Ah battery. The only problem that i have is the delay when I use pedal assist or the throttle. When I use pedal assist the delay is very annoying when I enter a roundabout and then I have to go up a hill, if you are on a lower gear it is quite difficult to leave the spot. This is the only inconvenience which i want to solve it, the lagging.

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
Hi.I have an ebike with das-kit CT5-i5 controller, L6 display unlocked, I used the code 8088 for derestrict and the top speed that i can reach is 45km/h. The engine is an X15R 11AH1449, and I have a 48v 21Ah battery. The only problem that i have is the delay when I use pedal assist or the throttle. When I use pedal assist the delay is very annoying when I enter a roundabout and then I have to go up a hill, if you are on a lower gear it is quite difficult to leave the spot. This is the only inconvenience which i want to solve it, the lagging.
Which model do you have?
Did you retrofit the throttle?
Which country are you in as NCM offer differently tuned versions under the same name in different countries?
When you use the code 8088 does that automatically derestrict the bike or just allow you to adjust parameters to achieve this?

ovt

Just Joined
May 15, 2023
I have the L6 display with throttle and i have already used that code to derestrict the ebike and the top speed reached is about 39-42kph on flat.The ebike was bought from France.So from the display i think i can adjust almost all parameters and I understood that when you derestrict the ebike the controller outputs is 22amp. So 22amp x 48v=1056W peak power. The only problem I have and would like to solve is the lagging when i use pedal assist.You said you can fix that without changing the controller. I also saw that tuning chip from Germany where it is said that you can have a higher acceleration, but firstly, it is much too expensive, secondly, from what I have read, it does not work with the L6 display, which is already an unlocked display.

Last edited:

andyshor

Just Joined
Oct 5, 2023
I have a NCM prague and i want to buy another ncm moscow, can you please tell me how i can derestrict them, thank you

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have a NCM prague and i want to buy another ncm moscow, can you please tell me how i can derestrict them, thank you
Buy a KT controller, LCD and whatever rlse you want. get your soldering iron out and swap them over - about £80. NCM used to sell the derestricted LCD for £100, which is plug and play.

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
"I have a NCM prague and i want to buy another ncm moscow, can you please tell me how i can derestrict them, thank you"

andyshor
Do consider my solution before spending the £80 and several hours work advocated by Saneagle (formerly vfr*** ?)

I have pm'ed you. Please indicate you've received the mail.

Advertisers