An ethical company worth supporting

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
To protect my new e-bike, I bought a heavy chain from Pragmasis (this is their website:)
http://securityforbikes.com/about.php

In spite of warnings on their site about the size and weight of these chains (they even have a photo showing how small a 50p piece looks in comparison), I ordered a 1.2m 13mm chain, plus a top-of-the-range Squire padlock (a work of art in itself). The whole lot, chain and padlock, weighed just over 5kg, which made my bike a bit back-heavy if I carried the huge chain on the rear carrier.

Neither chain nor lock would succumb to ordinary tools; power-tools would get through, of course, but even they would take a good while to cut through the top-quality steel.

And I wondered whether passing thieves would see the chain as an advertisement, on the lines of 'Blimey, this one MUST be worth something', and make a note to come back another day equipped with heavy cutting gear.

Anyway, point of the story is this: I sent it back to Pragmasis. Their terms & conditions talk about a 10% handling fee for returns, but they gave me a 100% refund (less carriage of course), which I thought was a wonderful gesture, as the fault was entirely mine.

So, (a) if you want a top-quality chain and lock, look at their site, and (b) they are a firm you can trust!

Allen.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I thought you were going to say someone had nicked the chain and left the bike.

Advertisers