Ananda 3615DLC-10Y0 controller derestricting

dcurzon

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 9, 2019
Hi all, new to e bikes, and I picked up a probike e-voyager.

It has a 36v 10ah battery, unknown hub (no manufacturer details, only a sticker on it stating 36v) and has the Ananda 3615DLC-10Y0 controller, which from the naming is likely a 36v 15A controller.

looking at the controller, I can't see any restrictor wire, and the board is pretty well gummed in its case but I can't see any jumpers of any sort on there either. I did discover 1 stray then white wire, which seems to come from the hub, not sure if that bears any relevance at all... see attached photo's

Any clues on derestricting this one? Or is a replacement controller the way to go? (recommendations? )

My journey is a 3.5 mile each way on barely used cycle paths so it'd be good to get over that 15mph barrier

TIA :)

dcurzon

Apr 9, 2019
I've had a good read of that, which prompted me to register :)
No white wire loop, no jumpers, and no led display (I have a push button on/off with led's for battery level, and power 1,2,3 for oomph)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you're sure that it's the controller that's limiting the speed and not the motor, a new controller will sort it out. Did you test to find out which is limiting your speed?

dcurzon

Apr 9, 2019
If you're sure that it's the controller that's limiting the speed and not the motor, a new controller will sort it out. Did you test to find out which is limiting your speed?
I'm not entirely sure how, however, running it with the wheel off the floor and a partially depleted battery, and then comparing to a charged battery, the rpm seems the same to my ears.

I tried to run my garmin speed sensor on it, but suspect the hub interfered with the ant+ signal as I got massive swings of speed without any actual change to the rpm, so there was no way to use that as a measure of wheel speed

dcurzon

Apr 9, 2019
You must measure the actual wheel speed either with a cycle computer or by counting the rpm.
That was why I tried my garmin, but failed... i'll have to pick up a traditional magnet based speedo for testing :)

edit: ordered one from amazon

Last edited:

dcurzon

Apr 9, 2019
ok with a speed sensor hooked to the rear wheel, wheel off floor I get
partially depleted: 31.2kmh
fully charged: 31.5kmh
(ignore the actual number as I didn't dial in the wheel size and used only to compare)

very close figures, suggests its the controller???

dcurzon

Apr 9, 2019
How much depleted was the battery?
hmmm... only about 12km's depleted. think I should run it down more and try again?
(have now calibrated my speedo and moved it to the front wheel, so i'll need to move it back and do a new full/depleted comparison)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The mire you run it down, the more you'll see the difference if there is one. If you go to say half way down to 36v resting voltage, you should see a 10% difference in speed.

dcurzon

Apr 9, 2019
I've not been able to run it as no load since :/ mostly because i've mounted the speedo to the front wheel and used the last of my cable ties...
what i can say is, there is no discernable difference in riding, between full battery and depleted. Maxes out at a steady 25kmh on the flat, fully charged, or having run around for a few days (about 30% charge remaining).

On a side note, riding around with the boy at the weekend, the headstock cam loose meaning the fron wheel was completely independent of the bars... thankfully i was doing about 5mph rather than dashing to work :O

Advertisers