And the kitchen sink

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Eddie, like Brody in the Jaws movie said, you're gunna need a bigger bag.
I forgot to add that I already have one. ;)

Most of the kit will be just staying in the car, but I bet that there will be something unexpected that I have missed. I'm also taking along a spare battery and spare charger as well.
Thinking about it further... As I have been too lazy to get around to selling it, I might just as well pack the NYON system that I removed.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
"I forgot to add that I already have one."

No surprise there. Best to be prepared as they say in the scouts.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Forgot to add lights. :)

The last train down from the top of the mountain is at stupid early O'clock, and want to place a memorial plaque at the base of the Eiger for a guy from another forum who used to cycle the area. His final months and days were pretty sad, and somehow I feel that I owe it to him to do something in his memory. I'll make sure that it's a lovely bright evening, watch the sun go down, open a beer and then enjoy my ride back down the mountain with no risk of any walkers being out and about to spoil the fun.

Reactions: Emo Rider

markrl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 18, 2014
London
That's a pretty impressive emergency kit maybe you could also add (just for luck) a St Christopher, Rabbits foot and Horseshoe.

Westoe

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2015
NE12
Wow - makes me fell kind of under prepared when I go off on ride with only:
Multi tool
Patches
Tyre levers x 2
Co2 inflator and 2 cartridges
Rag or cloth and antiseptic wipe
Mobile phone and a few bob in case I need food.

I never travel with anything on my back after being out with someone in the group who fell off his bike and fractured a rib from something he was carrying in his bag. We got the fright of our lives as he could not breath and was in agony. It took hours to get him stabilised and stretchered off the trail.

D

Deleted member 4366

You guys are the sort of guys that I love to ride with, just like my mate Steve. I don't carry anything except my phone. It's nice to know that your cycling partner has it all.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Just added a few more bits to the list in readiness for the Swiss trip.
Not all to be carried. ;)

A couple more spare tubes.
Spare tyre.
Track stand.
Track pump.
Shock pump.
More cable ties.
Another spare chain, so making two spare.
More spare links, so making four spare.
30ml spray bottle of silicon spray. (This is make fitting the WTB's easier)
Can of fork juice.
Duck oil.
Wet and dry lube, over and above the small amount that I already carry.
Various tools, which I always pack in the car anyway. Plus cycle specific tools.
One rear mech hanger, and I might see if I can borrow/scrounge another.
Two sets of spare brake pads.
A couple of lengths of control cable.

Still haven't got hold of the condoms yet though! :)
A couple of meters of duck tape wrapped round an old credit card always comes in handy.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Fan belt?
But a pack of durex would not be out of place in that kit. When I was in cadet force, the army cadets used to pack a survival match box for night exercise. This often included a durex (unlubricated) as they said it would stretch to allow them to carry 5litres of water!
Very useful in the event of an unexpected battery fire in a remote location me thinks!
Of course there is always the conventional use should any attractive ladies be impressed be your cycling prowess!;)
Tampons are also great to help start a fire and keep in your survival kit, I don't know if you use them but they have a lot more to them than you think when you open them up (new and unused just to be clear) ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i cant afford cocaine :(

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ed you know how much 1kg of coke is ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
90% pure and i can get it for 35k a kg ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Blimey, you could get 500gm of Crystal meth for that.

you cant i cant even get that in 1kg amounts and prob be same amount if not a lot more.

plus the police not bust you as send the sas to kill ur ass over here.

C

Cyclezee

Blimey, you could get 500gm of Crystal meth for that.

you cant i cant even get that in 1kg amounts and prob be same amount if not a lot more.

plus the police not bust you as send the sas to kill ur ass over here.
You need to go to Las Cruces

Advertisers