Another campervan man

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Just made a 800+ miles round trip to enjoy the scenery in Scotland and to visit East Neuk Campervans in Anstruther, Fife (just north of Edinburgh). I have always been interested in the link between e-bike owners and campervans as many members of the forum seem to enjoy both. The van comes with a tow bar so I am looking forward to joining the members who are lucky enough to travel with their bikes and enjoy riding in the more scenic areas of the UK and abroad.

For those who are interested, I went for a 'compact' Fifer M which fits into a normal parking bay. A couple of photos on Flickr:
Anstruther March 2011 - a set on Flickr

Good fish and chip shop as well, I understand!

Tinker

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2010
SA39
Hi Conal, we're motor-homers as well except our is a converted library bus and we cart around 3 'normal' bikes + 2 electric bikes. They all fit on bike-racks at the back & lucky we're 6.5ton so no weight worries.

claretcass

Just Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Lancashire
Hi Conal
I have a motorhome and have just bought my first electric bike, a Cyclamatic folder. I have just retired and it rather than tow a car round with me it seems just the answer for both exercise and getting around locally. I am lucky as the motorhome has a small garage in which to store my bike. Unlike Tinker above my weight is 3.5 ton so I keep things pretty compact.
Looking forward to starting to e-bike around on my travels

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Motorhome

Tinker and Claretcass

Mine is under 3 ton and 5.4m long so quite small but has a towbar. I have two eZees so we hope to learn about motorhome life and use the bikes as well. Tiberius has a large motorhome and uses it a lot.

Conal

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
If all motorhomers are "outing" themselves on here, then I'd better declare myself.

I have a 7yo Autotrail with a bike rack to which I'm happy to attach two mountain bikes. I don't attach my ebike but I can lash that down in the garage, (large space at the back end....call it a boot if you wish) which can equally house a motorcycle as there is a ramp built in for loading.

I think I overdid things last year as the mileage has risen massively and is now around 13500 miles. I don't know why I keep it really; it seemed like a good idea at the time but I just don't use it enough.

Still, it's been useful as a granny apartment when the family have visited.

Indalo

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Another bedroom

Indalo

There are many campervan men (not sure if there are any women) on this forum, most appear to be attracted to the larger van. This makes sense as electric bikes (even without batteries) are heavier than non electric and will, I think, require a special rack if not stored inside.

Your last comment is a very good point; I live very near Stansted Airport (four miles door to door) and recently invited family to stay overnight. They have an early morning flight and will be staying in our newly aquired "extra bedroom". Maybe we should conside B&B!

Conal

Advertisers