Another motor ID query

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hi all,
Have just come by this motor wheel and a matching front wheel, does anyone know what it is?
When I googled the serial number- SY72426PEO276S1- it came up with Xiongda 2 speed, but I am not sure that's what it is as it doesn't seem to match any of the pictures I saw.
What baffles me is how it's got 3 thick (phase) wires but only 3 thin ones.
Any help greatly appreciated as to what it is and what controller would be suitable.
IMG_20161208_145245.jpg IMG_20161208_145221.jpg IMG_20161208_145123.jpg
Regards, Mark :)

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Mark,

that motor looks like made by Shengyi Motors:

http://www.syimotor.com/products_list.html

I have no idea how Shengyi label their motors, but they make a lot of e-bike motors with internal speed sensor.

• Useful
Reactions: mw1

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hello Mark,

that motor looks like made by Shengyi Motors:

http://www.syimotor.com/products_list.html

I have no idea how Shengyi label their motors, but they make a lot of e-bike motors with internal speed sensor.
Hi.Thanks for your reply :)
The link won't work for me and neither will any link direct to syimotor (don't know why) that comes up on Google, but I looked on Aliexpress & it does indeed look like a Shengyi motor, so a good lead.
Still baffled by the 3 thin wires to the motor though so if you or anyone else can help, that would be great.
Or would I be able to run it using just the phrase wires & a sensor less controller?

Regards, Mark

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yes, I think you can. Shengyi supply their motors with a breakout cable to connect to standard brushless controllers. The breakout cable is important, without it, you will have to guess which wire goes where.
Post a picture of the breakout cable if you have it.

Here is one from Pandaebikes for a 6-pin waterproof cable:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/motor-cable-clearance.23438/

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
yes, I think you can. Shengyi supply their motors with a breakout cable to connect to standard brushless controllers. The breakout cable is important, without it, you will have to guess which wire goes where.
Post a picture of the breakout cable if you have it.

Here is one from Pandaebikes for a 6-pin waterproof cable:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/motor-cable-clearance.23438/

That's great info Woosh, thanks again! :)
Will look into it more when I have more time.
Maybe I'm being dense, but I still don't get how there are only 3 sensor wires, as all hall controllers I have seen seem to have 5/6.
I don't have a breakout cable for it at present, btw.

Regards, Mark

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Has anyone got any more info on this motor ,especially the wiring, please, as really struggling to find info on the web for it:(
I know I could just use the 3 phase wires to get it going, but would like to get the best I can out of it.
Thanks, Mark

D

Deleted member 4366

The three thin wires are for a speed sensor or temperature sensor. If it has red and black wires, they'll be the 5v supply and the third wire is the signal. If the signal is a fixed voltage, it's a temperature sensor. if it pulses it's a speed sensor.

• Informative
Reactions: mw1

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
The three thin wires are for a speed sensor or temperature sensor. If it has red and black wires, they'll be the 5v supply and the third wire is the signal. If the signal is a fixed voltage, it's a temperature sensor. if it pulses it's a speed sensor.
Thanks for your reply D8veh :)
I don't have a spare sensorless controller to test them with at the moment, and havent cut the connector off to look at the colour of the wires. Will it run ok without them being connected, whether they are for either a speed sensor or a temperature sensor ?
Regards, Mark

Advertisers