Another newbie question

Sharon

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2016
North Wales
When out on a long ride does it help conserve the battery by switching it off on long descents or on the flat where you can keep moving under your own effort?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that depends a little on which bike you ride but in general, you don't have to switch off. Power consumption is much reduced on flat roads when the wind is not in your face.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Sharon

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2016
North Wales
that depends a little on which bike you ride but in general, you don't have to switch off. Power consumption is much reduced on flat roads when the wind is not in your face.
Thanks .. Just wanted to check as we'll be out doing longish (20 -30 mile) trail and natural riding. I've just got a nice shiny Cube Stereo delivered and raring to go :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
When I'm out and find I don't need assist I just toggle the assist up and down to engage it only when needed.

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Thanks .. Just wanted to check as we'll be out doing longish (20 -30 mile) trail and natural riding. I've just got a nice shiny Cube Stereo delivered and raring to go :)
I'd guess you should have 20-30% power left at the end of your ride. I tend to put mine on the lowest setting for downhill and flat but don't bother turning it off.
Have a great day, let us know how you got on and post some pics in the other thread.

Related Articles

Advertisers