Anyone for cricket ?

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
On my travels today to my local charity shop, I came across a cricket helmet selling for £3.50, I instantly bought it, as i thought it would transpose into cycle helmet quite easily by just taking the face guard off. Its fits comfortably on the head and has a rear adjustable strap to give it a secure fit and does not look as naff as most dedicated cycle helmets do.

IMG_20130803_154833.jpg

I have never worn a cycle helmet but I think on certain occasions I might now consider. I know it would not offer the same protection as a cycle helmet, but surely it would offer more protection than not wearing one at all ?

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
On my travels today to my local charity shop, I came across a cricket helmet selling for £3.50, I instantly bought it, as i thought it would transpose into cycle helmet quite easily by just taking the face guard off. Its fits comfortably on the head and has a rear adjustable strap to give it a secure fit and does not look as naff as most dedicated cycle helmets do.

View attachment 6451
I have never worn a cycle helmet but I think on certain occasions I might now consider. I know it would not offer the same protection as a cycle helmet, but surely it would offer more protection than not wearing one at all ?
Well.
1 It does not have any holes in it so will be good in the rain. E-cyclists do not need the ventilation anyway.
2 It is probably as good as a cycle helmet.
3 Although opposed to helmets, I have started wearing one because at 70 years of age I am worried about balance. Some time ago, I posted an anti-helmet post on here only to have my son in law cut the side of his head on a overhanging branch. I still think that in the vast majority of cases they are unnecessary as is proved in Holland where no-one except the odd lycra wears one.
4 Speed must be considered. The average Dutch cyclist is quite happy with 10mph (I have timed them) and considers this normal speed for an ordinary bike. It makes sense in the rain or in the winter where it is much more snowy there than here. E-cyclists on the other hand in the UK seem to think that 15mph is a minimum.

Reactions: flecc

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
For what its worth jazper, I think that £3.50, for whenever you get the urge, has to be a bargain and it actually looks quite smart apart from that rail around it.....could you not decorate that or electrify it and have a tiny bike cycling around on it......sorry, just one of my saturday afternoon ideas ;)

On second thoughts....take it off ?

Lynda :)

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
For what its worth jazper, I think that £3.50, for whenever you get the urge, has to be a bargain and it actually looks quite smart apart from that rail around it.....could you not decorate that or electrify it and have a tiny bike cycling around on it......sorry, just one of my saturday afternoon ideas ;)

On second thoughts....take it off ?

I have set it up for evening wear hence the sophisticated lighting set up. I thought I would take a ride along the front at dusk to gauge the ridicule and amusement that I might generate from fellow cyclists

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I have set it up for evening wear hence the sophisticated lighting set up. I thought I would take a ride along the front at dusk to gauge the ridicule and amusement that I might generate from fellow cyclists
Aah....thats ma boy.....good idea......knew you wouldnt let me down :cool: :D

PS....how about using it to light up a picture of Pat Condell......just for me ;)

Last edited:

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
1548349237880.png

Anyone keeping an eye on the cricket?

We are 3 down. Great stadium though. I spent a beautiful evening there on my honeymoon.

The wife was with me.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
It didn’t get any better.

Advertisers