Anyone got a suspension seatpost ?

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Specifically a Suntour SP12 suspension seatpost....Is it any good ?
...I feel every bump these days and wondered if this'd help

cheers....Mike

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Specifically a Suntour SP12 suspension seatpost....Is it any good ?
...I feel every bump these days and wondered if this'd help

cheers....Mike
its the best there is, get it from bikediscount.com unless the pound has quartered in value by the time I manage to send this, mine ended up on the wife's bike and I don't think I will see it again

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have an SP12-NCX on order after riding down a gravel road the other day felt that having front and rear suspension at my age... o_O

There are cheaper ones but it has the best press. ergotec has just made a clone I notice in their 2017 catalogue, before they just made up and down pogo stick variety.

Reactions: Mike63

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I also have an SP12-NCX and find it very good, much better than the vertical telescopic one I had previously and which gave me a bad back.
Someone on here, Nealh I think, had the bearings wear quickly but I didn't have that problem though after his post I took mine apart to check it and added more grease.
I wouldn't be without one.
Dave.

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
I have the Suntour NCX, mine came with a spring rated from 60kg to 100kg, set preload to middle setting and it's been excellent (I'm 78kg).

The fit and finish is superb, very nice bit of kit!.

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
I never found one with the option of light meduim or heavy spring, I don't know if the later versions just ship with one fits all?.

There's plenty of adjustment on the preload (16 turns?).

Sometimes I have 5gk in my rucksack and it copes fine on half preload (93 kg total).

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The post has no bearings the parallelogram action works by the spring action and placement of four toughen roller pins each with two brass bushes, it is the brass bushes that wear causing lateral play. So far I have not found them to buy but had some made for me. I have two posts one has been fine the other not so as the wear occurred following 1500 miles of use.
I haven't a tool to measure precisely but using a steel rule the sizes appear to be measure:
I/s dia 6mm;
o/sdia 8mm;
length 8mm;
flange 14mm x 1mm.

Last edited:

Advertisers