Article: AlienOcean unveil two new off-road sports e-bikes

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Scary stuff ! Fun though no doubt

But i can't help but wonder if you could even get 10 flat miles out of a 10ah 48v battery when running 2kw.......

melspea

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2013
These are not ebikes at all. They are mopeds possibly but why they are being given the oxygen of publicity on this forum is beyond me.

I4N

Pedelecer
May 13, 2013
Algarve
These are not ebikes at all. They are mopeds possibly but why they are being given the oxygen of publicity on this forum is beyond me.
For the slightly porkier rider, such as myself with an offload commute and very long steep hills I think ebikes like these are ideal. Indeed I decided to buy a more powerful kit than the standard 250w stuff as according to the Grintech calculator a standard ebike would offer negligable assist on hills, precisely when i want it most.

Remember this is an open forum for free discussion of a movement in its infancy.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
To be fair they could not be any clearer about the totally illegal for the road and the borderline insane nature of the bikes !

I do wonder how big the market for them is though ? I just imagine a large percentage f folk interested in owning something this crazy powerful would be self builders ?

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
For the slightly porkier rider, such as myself with an offload commute and very long steep hills I think ebikes like these are ideal. Indeed I decided to buy a more powerful kit than the standard 250w stuff as according to the Grintech calculator a standard ebike would offer negligable assist on hills, precisely when i want it most.

Remember this is an open forum for free discussion of a movement in its infancy.
Define off road ? Remember for anywhere the public has access to all normal rules of the road still apply so would still be illegal even though not on a road!!

Love to know where these hills are as im 116 kilos. Nowhere near fit. Dodgy ankle and creaking knees and hips and i have yet to find a hill i cant climb on my road legal NEO

MeldonLeisure

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 30, 2013
Great bike!....But, I think it might just be somewhat unhelpful? At the moment the law is being unusually tolerant, I ride an 20mph geared motor pedal scooter to work every day and aside from the initial inquisitiveness from the police nothing has been said ( even when followed on a short journey along the lanes to my local shop without my helmet ) however, I do feel that this sort of thing might just burst the bubble for us all? Always the eternal optimist, one would hope it landed in the lap of the offender, but something tells me Road Fund License and criminal conviction quotas might play their part?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Great bike!....But, I think it might just be somewhat unhelpful? At the moment the law is being unusually tolerant, I ride an 20mph geared motor pedal scooter to work every day and aside from the initial inquisitiveness from the police nothing has been said ( even when followed on a short journey along the lanes to my local shop without my helmet ) however, I do feel that this sort of thing might just burst the bubble for us all? Always the eternal optimist, one would hope it landed in the lap of the offender, but something tells me Road Fund License and criminal conviction quotas might play their part?[/.

Hmm not sure about this

You ride an illegal bike that has attracted police attention and is illegal.

EBicycles the look like bicycles attract less attention that your escooter which is also illegal

I'm not arguing that one form of clear illegality is "better" than another

However, your comments seem a shade hypocritical to me I'm afraid !

Not just that yours attracts more attention but also as it is clearly designed just For the road. Illegally. It had no place off road and couldn't be driven that way.

This machine can so it does have a legal market - wether buyers use it that way or not.

Advertisers