Badassbox 4 for Bosch - recommended?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Just seen this, interesting viewing, clearly shows diagnostic looking for tampering.
but bosch does not void the warranty the dealers do otherwise ebike shop and others would not be fitting dongles as it is not like bosch dont know this is going on lol.

Fishy

Pedelecer
Nov 16, 2018
but bosch does not void the warranty the dealers do otherwise ebike shop and others would not be fitting dongles as it is not like bosch dont know this is going on lol.
Ok, assuming you're right, why would dealers void the warranty? Surely it's in their interest to carry out any repairs or replacements, more work for them equals more profit.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can buy a bike from ebike shop with a dongle and full warranty no dealer can open a motor as that does void the warranty so all motors have to go back to bosch so all a dealer has to do is fit the replacement.

Nov 13, 2018
Hi Soundwave,
I hope you're keeping well and enjoying your e-bike.
I just noticed your post suggesting that e-bikeshop are the only dealer that will fit dongles and honour warranties and because you're a very active member just wanted to let you know that this is also the case for us at electricbikesales.co.uk

Fishy

Pedelecer
Nov 16, 2018
So I still don't understand why you think dealers decide whether to honour the warranty or not, why wouldn't they leave that up to Bosch.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
because bosch dont care if they did the above would not be a option.

D

Deleted member 25121

Maybe the dealers who fit the dongles simply choose to ignore the tamper flag so Bosch never know the bike's been dongled, that's assuming the dealer's computer doesn't upload to Bosch.

If the bike ever went to a different dealer there would be an issue though.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ktm wont even sell you a sclass bike unless you can prove you own private land to use it on so go figure that one out lol.

so if you want a dongle and no hassle warranty then buy the bike from the above shops and there wont be any problems.

dealers like ktm will just loose sales because of this and yes makes no sense at all when shops will honer the warranty.

and i have had a dongle on my bike for the last 5 years with no problems ;)

Advertisers